Chapter 2: Dwindle

Link to Ashley's outfit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GVdMvruNIGc/UcUlpK92fEI/AAAAAAAAASI/BQwCRpqEqL0/s1600/ashley+benson.jpg

Link to Harry's outfit: http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcso7jHcjV1rnbfcc.jpg
Again, Carly's name was changed to Arden.
Status: Edited

Ashley's P.O.V.

A soft melody drifts into my room when I wake from my slumber, and I smile at the song playing. 'Riptide' by Vance Joy is sounding from downstairs and my feet slip into my slippers.

My fingers snap to the beat, as my feet skip down the stairs, and hit the hardwood floor. When I turn the corner Arden is in the living room working on her laptop, typing away, probably working on a new song. The smell of vanilla coffee drifts into the living room, and the scent relaxes me.

"Do you have a pot brewing?" I ask, and sit next to her on the couch, turning on my phone.

"It's already brewed, been up since 9:00 this morning." She grumbles, and she looks absolutely lost in the lyrics that she is writing.

"Mind if I steal a cuppa?" I smile and she just waves me off. I walk to the kitchen and grab a cup from the cabinet, filling it with the steaming hot substance. I sit on the isle and my eyes glance over the notifications on my phones home screen.

A text from an unknown number appears and I unlock my phone, going to the messages app. I see it's from H or Harry, and I read it thoroughly.

From: **********

I'm hoping you gave me your actual number and this isn't a fake one, but hi. I'm sorry if I upset you last night at all at the concert and we still have plans for today? x -H

I smile at his little apology, and I have no idea why I am. Nonetheless, I text him back.

To: Harry Styles

Of course we still have plans for today. I'll meet you at Starbucks on Brokke Rd.? -Ash

From: Harry Styles

I'll meet you there at 11:30. Can't wait.x

From:Harry Styles

Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up? P.S. Bring Arden, she has a little surprise. x

To: Harry Styles

No, don't worry about it. Thanks for the offer. I'll make sure to bring her :)

I lock my phone and set it down on the counter, making my way back into the living room.

"Get dressed." I order her and stand before her, sipping on my coffee. She raises an eyebrow at me because I've always been 'the mother' in this friendship.

"Why?" She scoffs, and continues typing.

"A little birdy may have told me that you have a little surprise waiting at a white girl ridden coffee shop." I chuckle, smirking. She rolls her eyes and huffs, putting her laptop on the table.

"Fine. But don't expect me to like it." She grumbles and walks up the stairs. I let out a little squeal for her, because I'm happy. Everything she's ever wanted is coming true for her. I don't think she even knows that I got Harry's number last night, because she didn't get anyone's. I think she was just too afraid to ask.

I grab my phone and head upstairs to take a shower. I blow dry my hair after taking one and leave it out wavy, pushing a flower crown into the perfect place. I put in some silver hoop earrings and start on my makeup, which is a natural look. I pick out my outfit when I'm done and am satisfied with my choice. I put on some faded blue shorts and a black wavy tank, clipping some sunglasses to the front of the tank. I spray some perfume on the inside of my wrists and neck and my whole body, then slip on some black Toms. I make sure I look decent before grabbing my purse and heading downstairs.