Chapter 8: Unhinged

Status: Edited

Ashley P.O.V.

Steam rises from the kettle, a whistling noise emitting throughout the air. My palm slides over the marble countertop, trying to distract my mind with something. My mind is clouded with different thoughts, going in all directions. Even though I haven't drank any alcohol, my mind feels drunk, swaying back and forth until I try to stop it.

I haven't seen Harry in a week. Probably more time than that, the time passing by slowly and more slow each day, making my mind go mad. There was no "tomorrow" and it made me feel like such an idiot waiting up for him. Now I know how he must of felt.

I grasp the handle of the kettle in my hand when the steam shoots out from the top and the whistling is becoming too much to bear, setting it on a burner that isn't heated. I jump when my phone vibrates in the serenity of the house, considering nobody is here but me.

And Arden, but as usual, she's sleeping. It's like she is never here when she is in her room if that makes any sense.

It isn't a text message when my eyes gaze over my notifications, but an update from Twitter.

@Harry_Styles:

'Working on the music video for another song for the new album! Comes out in July! Thank you to all of the fans who have supported us! x

@Niall_Horan: @Harry Styles

'Haz you weren't supposed to say anything about it! '

He seems happy. Happy? I thought at least he'd come back by know. But, he's moving on with his life. "Friends" don't need to see eachother all the time.

He doesn't love you anymore, Ash. He doesn't care.

My subconscious has been more needy lately, contemplating on my every life choice. I think it may be correct, he really has moved on after I acted like such a jerk to him. I just need to get on with my life. I need space, closure.

You told him you needed space.

"Okay, I did, I admit it, now would you shut up?" I yell. I am talking to myself, and I can already feel myself getting crazier every day.

"Jeez Luise, it's like a circus in here." Her voice emits through the living room and I groan.

"Tell me about it." I say into the couch pillow and Arden laughs lightly, plopping down next to me.

"Something you'd like to get off your chest?" I sit up and blow the hair out of my face.

"I just- life is so- urgh!" I whine and lay my head into her shoulder. She laughs again and rubs her hand across my hair.

"I know the feeling. Hey listen, I know you are in some kind of a funk right now," She pauses when I give her a small pathetic glare. "But, I just wanted to ask if you felt like going out with Zayn and I today. And don't you dare say no. You haven't been outside in weeks and that's not an exaggeration."

"I'm just bored with my life." I roll my eyes and she gives me a warning glance. "Fine. I guess you're right. I'll come. Are Sophia and El coming as well?"

"Yeah, actually. C'mon get dressed." She orders leaving the room. " Oh and take a shower first." She chuckles, and I stick up the middle finger to her as she runs up the stairs.

I still haven't told her, about anything that has happened with Harry really. She has no idea we have broken up, only the idea of my broken mind and acting civil. My personality can't muster up enough to even tell her, because I know how excited she was for me when him and I started dating.