Chapter 11: Incensed

Again, this is under editing so the storyline may get confusing. Please read these author notes because they may be important.

Status: Edited

Ashley P.O.V.

The television changes from channel to channel, the same boring sitcom or talk show on every station. I feel like London is too cramped, or boring, and sometimes I just want to branch out. But it's hard, when basically everything that means anything to me is here.

The clatter of iron and a loud squeal frightens me when I realize I'm not downstairs alone, and there is a girl on the floor in the kitchen picking up leftovers of caesar salad. There is several lettuce pieces in her hair, and I'm left to wonder how the hell she did that. She must have slipped on the marble floor, which is hilarious considering how worse it could have been.

She's a bit too clumsy.

A laugh falls from my lips before I can control it and her movements stops, looking up at the blonde haired girl who just assaulted her with one sound. Her eyes move in every direction debating on what to do when she stands and places the bowl on the counter. There is still lettuce everywhere and she falls again on the floor, leaving me to cover my mouth to not laugh at the clumsiness.

"Let me help you." It comes out more of a question as I set my laptop down on the couch and walk towards her small form frowning on the ground. She is still in her robe even though it is 1:00 in the afternoon and I have to applaud her for once not getting dressed right as she gets up as usual.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Her eyes follow my movements as I pick pieces of lettuce from her hair, and I smile.

"I don't know. Because I'm your best friend." my fingers toss the limp vegetable into the bowl on the counter and I hold out a hand to help her up.

"But I was so mean to you yesterday." Her eyebrows furrow and I shrug.

"I know that we were both in the wrong. I definitely should have told you sooner and I'm sorry for not doing that. You had every right to be angry." I explain and toss the salad in the trash, grabbing the broom from the pantry.

"I'm sorry for how it came out yesterday, I shouldn't have been so harsh to you." Her words speak sincerity and I just suck in a breath, not having any idea what to say.

"It's okay, I guess. It's water under a bridge, lets just move on." I say, my gaze caught on the pieces I'm sweeping into a pile. "Besides, Harry and I are okay now. We talked a bit yesterday."

"Well what happened? What are you guys now?" She picks at her fingernails and I throw the pile into the trash, clipping the dust pan back onto the broom.

"Honestly... I think we are just us." So much emotion is thick behind the words and I know it's heard loud and clear when she pulls me into a hug, and I hug back harder.

~•~

Harry's P.O.V.

Spices made my nose perk up at the smell, chicken wafting throughout the area. Several strangers sit at the tables spread throughout the large building, and I'm praying that none of them will notice who I am. Considering this was my hometown, they usually leave me alone, maybe ask for a picture, but they won't harass me like the rest of the world.

The brown haired woman in front of me moved to the end of the counter in wait of her food and I slide up a spot, ready to order. Ashley had gone to the bathroom, and I'm hoping I can remember her order from the top of my head.

"Hi! My names Natalie, I'll be your cashier today," Her voice is light and happy, surprising since she is currently working. Her eyes gaze down at the cash register as she pushes a few buttons, " How may I help you today?"