16. New Friends.

Niall P.O.V.

I took another sip from my ice coffee sitting on the table. I'm at Starbucks , trying to focus on a new song I was writing. I took the pen in my hand and starting writing down another lyric.

"Oh you don't know how much it hurt me,

to find out that I was being played,

and you might try to mend the pieces,

but I bet you don't know what to say.

'oh , here I am, trying... to believe,

but I was blinded, oh I just couldn't see,

that it was wrong to think of,

you and me. Oh... here I am, here I am, just here I am."

Hm... that was a good start. It helped with the pain. The pain of losing Sophie. I really thought she loved me, but I guess I don't know what love is yet.

Victoria comes to mind, whenever I hear the word love. I always thought she was the one. Until something happened, something that I never thought would. And, I can always hear the faint sound of the gunshot when I go past that alleyway, I can hear the screaming out of agony and pain. I can still feel the blood that ran out of her body sometimes.

It hurts to think about that night. It gives me a shiver down my spine and I never thought, nobody did. She was the last person I would of thought of. I really wish I could've stopped her. Them. IT. The whole entire situation and, apparently, I was to blame for all of it.

Well, I blamed myself. It was my fault. If I had just... followed her... out into the night when she wanted to go for a walk.. it wouldn't of happened. I... I would've kept her safe. But, I guess that was the problem, wasn't it? I couldnt keep anyone safe... I... I'm so worthless.

I felt a tear stream down my right cheek and I quickly realized I had got lost in thought. I was completely and utterly zoned out. I wiped the tear off and gathered my notebook, pen, and phone off the table and shoved them into my bag. I got up and pushed in my seat, turning around and making my way towards the exit.

"Excuse me, sir, I'm afraid you forgot your change on the table." I voice said from behind me.

I turned around and faced a beautiful girl with green eyes and brown hair. She smiled at me , as my eyes locked with hers. She had a petite frame and was tall, I noticed, scanning over her body. She looked around my age , and had the cutest dimples.

"Um, excuse me? Sir...?" She laughed , waving a hand in my face.

"Oh, yeah, right. Thank you. And your name is?" I asked taking the money from her hand.

"No problemo. And my names Natalie." She smiled , holding out her hand.

"Niall. You work here?" I asked, shaking her hand.

"Yeah, I do. Well, on the weekends. But on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I'm the cashier at Nandos. Our motto is, "The customer is always right, even if their request bites." She laughed , smiling and making her arm curve, sticking her thumb up.

"Haha, cute. Thanks again, for the money. Maybe we can hang out one day." I smiled nervously, waiting for her reaction.

"Sure, I get off work at Nandos, tomorrow at 4:30, if you want to hang out." She smiled, taking out her notebook from her pocket on her apron and writing a number down. She handed me the slip of paper, and I returned the smile.

"Awesome, ill text you and meet you there. Nice talking to you , love. See you tomorrow." I waved walking out the door.

"You too babe." She laughed winking , and cleaning one of the tables.