17. Decisions

Niall's P.O.V.

"Hey babe." I heard a high pitched voice said behind me.

I'd know that voice, anywhere.

Sophia. I looked at everyone and saw their mouthed agape in shock as they stared behind me with wide eyes. I turned around slowley, hoping it wasn't her. But there she was. But she looked.... different.

She now had red hair instead of blond that she had two weeks ago.I think she was wearing brown contacts because he eyes were blue. Her face was still the same. Instead of her usual high heels, she was wearing blue Converses and instead of her frequent skirts or skinny jeans, she was wearing black leggings. She had a blue northface on with a white scarf tucked in.

I looked up at her face and as soon as our eyes met, she smiled at me and shoved her hands in her pockets. I gulped loudley and slowley stood up from my chair.

"S-Sophia? What are you doing here?" I shouted over the sound of fireworks.

"What? I cant hear you!" She yelled over the booms.

"Sophia, come inside!" I yelled grabbing her hand and through the back door and into the kitchen.

"What did you say out there?" She asked smiling at me and rubbing her hands on them to warm them up. I clenched my fist and licked my lips to moist them before speaking.

"I asked , what the hell are you doing here?" I snapped glaring at her. "And, what happened to you?"

"Well, um... " She bit her lip and looked at the floor, fiddling with her fingers. "I- I missed you a lot Ni."

"Well, I didn't. What did you expect I would do when you came here? Did you expect I would take you back? Did you think I would forgive you? That's just sick. 'Oh, sweet little Niall , who has a soft heart.' Do you think that? When it comes to you, think again. You fucking cheated on me with some guy at Wal-Mart! How do you think that feels? We dated for two months and I loved you, ok, I fucking loved you!" I shouted taking steps closer, our faces now centimeters apart.

She was trembling with fear, her eyes wide and tears welled up on the edges. Her lip trembled and she looked at me, scared. I still technically cared for Sophia and yes I still loved her. And it kind of hurts my feelings to see her so vunerable.

"I know.... and I messed up! Ok, I get that! I'm sorry, Ni, I really am. It was a mistake, okay! A fling! He was a boy I knew from grade school and I guess w-we just got c-caught up in the moment. But it was a-awkward after that! It was one k-kiss, that's all! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. And if I could t-take it b-back I would. Please, Ni. I love you too. I really do. I love you Niall."

I looked at her in shock for a second. Every single word she spoke meant sincerity. She really is sorry. And this is the first time she ever said I love you to me. And I can tell she really means it. It was just a kiss , it meant nothing to her , right?

"And, its okay if you don't forgive me, I get it. What I did to you and Carly was horrible and I know I'm still the same mean, bitter, slut that-"

I cut her rambling off by smashing my lips on hers. I could tell she was caught off guard, but her eyes fluttered closed as her lips melted into the kiss. I bit her bottom lip and she gained me entrance as her tongue fought with mine. The kiss was full of passion, and to be honest, I missed this feeling that radiated off of Sophia so easily.

We let go , breathing heavily and we rested our foreheads against eachother. She looked straight into my eyes with pure lust.

"S-So, you f-forgive me?" She stuttered , with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, I guess I do. But you haven't fully gained my trust back. Ok? And we need to talk about this... look. Why did you change?" I asked , cupping her chin in my hands and making her look at me.

"Well.... Before I left, Carly told me "once a skank, always a skank." So, I changed Niall. For you. I'm trying to work on myself for you Ni and I changed just to prove it. I know its hard for you to even look at me the same way." She explained looking down. I saw a single tear roll down her cheek, as her eyes clenched shut.

I lifted her head to look at me once again.

"Sophia , even though all this happened, I love you, for you. I love your blond hair, your blue eyes, the way that you wear skirts in the cold and heels when its raining. The way you don't give a crap about what anyone thinks of you. I don't want you to change. Your perfect." I said looking into her eyes. A choked sob came from the back of her throat. She suddenly practically tackled me in a hug.

I could hear her cries as she held onto me for dear life. Her arms were wrapped around my neck, so I threw mine around her waist and rubbed the small of her back. She sniffled and let go, staring into my eyes.

"Thankyou Niall. You seem to be the only one who likes me or believes in me. I love you." She said kissing me again.

" I love you." I murmered against her lips. We let go and I grabbed her hand. "Are you ready to go out there?"

"Are we together again?" She asked with hope in her eyes. Not yet, I can't be hurt again right now.

"Maybe in a few weeks, when you earn my trust back.", I answered.

"That's fine." She smiled, squeezing my hand a little and dragging me out the door.

We walked over to the log I was sitting on and I sat next to Lou and Sophia sat on the other side of me. I looked at everyones faces and felt anger. Carly looked at her in disgust, Harry looked at her in shock, Ash was looking at the ground with El , Zayn and Liam were whispering in eachothers ears, and Lou just looked at El and smiled. Lou never judged a book by its cover.

"So guys, Sophia is forgiven. But we're not together right now. Can you guys please be nice and forget that any of this happened?" I asked awkwardly.

Carlys head snapped up. Her eyes were full with hatred and anger.

"Excuse me? Forget anything happened. That bitch will be lucky if I even let her near us." She spat , glaring at her. I jumped out of my seat.

"She's not a bitch!" I yelled angrily.

"Yes, she is. Do you not see she sleeps with every guy every week? I mean look at her clothes? She changes her look constantly, and her personality. She's fake and when you get hurt again, don't come crying to me because I told you so." She yelled , with gritted teeth.

Ok, this was the last straw, she's got me pissed.

" She's not fucking fake! She changed because of you, dumbass! You called her a slut and that she was always one , so she changed who she was! Your such a bully, you bullied her into changing, so she did! How the fuck does that make you feel? And if you were really my friend, you would happy for me , because she makes me happy. I love her!" I practically screamed in her face.

The look on her face was priceless and she was amazingly quiet.

"Exactly. You know I'm right. Now if you don't excuse me, I'm going to go take Sophia home. Thanks Ash and Harry for the bonfire. I'll talk to you guys later." I told them. I grabbed sophias hand and when I walked past Carly, I shoved her in the shoulder and walked to my car. I opened the passanger seat door for her.

"Thanks Niall." She said smiling.

"No problem, babe." I said pecking her lips and shutting the door.