Chapter 6: Protective •

Status: Edited

Ashley P.O.V.

The straw swishes back and forth in the cup and it mixes the lemonade, making it look like a tornado. Chatter fills the kitchen, and I get lost in the small beverage.

Arden holds Zayn's hand as she points at the laptop and plays the track she has been working on, along with the lyrics. She's written a new song called 'Slow Down', and she's really excited to introduce it to her producer. She got signed by a record company last year, her fathers best friend actually. She's very wealthy, her family, so we grew up in the same neighborhood. We've always been best friends, for as long as we can remember.

"So are you two a couple?" I ask innocently, sipping on my drink after. I glance at Arden and a blush is prominent on her cheeks.

"Actually, Zayn asked me last night." She confesses and a small smirk shows on his face as he looks at me, and I give him a little thumbs up.

"I'm happy for you guys." I speak and reach for a chip in the container on the table. We had decided to get lunch once we came home from the beach, and the rest of the boys went out with their girlfriends, while Harry had a studio session.

"Aren't we supposed to be going out tonight, babe?" Arden asks him and he nods.

"I think Harry said something about it, did he talk to you Ash?" He asks, and raises an eyebrow, popping a chip in his mouth. His smirk is prominent and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Wait, are you and Harry a thing now too?" Arden asks, throwing her dish in the sink.

"Maybe." I mumble and she smiles.

"Knew it."

"Okay, whatever." I roll my eyes and close the container of chips, placing them in the fridge.

"So, where is Harry going to take you tonight?" Arden swoons, nudging me in the shoulder.

"Um... to some big nightclub called 'Jango's' I think? He told me that you guys and the rest of the group are supposed to be coming too." I explain, swishing the lemonade around once again.

After that conversation with Harry on the beach, I met some girls named Eleanor which was Louis's girlfriend and Sophia, who was Liam's girlfriend. They were actually really nice girls and I guess I just judged them too quickly. I learned that Eleanor was a model and that Sophia was a real estate agent and a part time model. They were both extremely pretty.

"Zayn!" Arden scolds, turning around to face him, hands on her hips. "Why didn't you tell me until now?"

"Whoops. Guess it must have slipped mind." He shrugs and she rolls her eyes at him, when he brings her into his arms. They make such an adorable couple.

"Zayn, it's not funny! We should actually go buy some new dresses at the mall. We haven't gone shopping in forever." Arden suggests, slapping Zayn's hands from her waist so she can get up.

"I'll drive." Zayn offers, picking up his keys from the counter.

"No, Zayn. I want my dress to be a surprise to you. I'll drive okay? You can go meet up with the boys, while we go shopping. Please? I mean, do you really want to be in a girly store with us and get tackled by little 10 year old fans, or go hang out with Harry?" She asks with a small smile, and she knows she's caught him.

His eyes widen as he comes to the realization. "Yeah, your right. I'll see you tonight then, yeah?" Zayn says kissing her cheek and walking towards the door.

"Yup!" She yells as the door shut. "Cmon, we've got some major shopping to do!"

•~•

"I don't know. You don't think it makes me look hippy?" She grumbles, turning around to look at her backside in the mirror. I chuckle and cock my head to the side.