Chapter 18

"Jack likes you, I think Jessica did too."

"That's a relief."

A long day of activities and the toddler was all tuckered out. After he'd left Jack with his aunt, you were back at Hotch's place.

"Would you like to go out and have dinner? There's a great place a few miles from here. "

It's sweet how attentive he's been. You lean in, placing a kiss on his lips. Hotch returns it, but as you pull away, you can see the slight look of confusion.

"You're too good sometimes sir." He smirks at that.

"There you go again calling me sir." He pulls you closer.

"Let's just stay in." You ask. He nods.

"Sounds good to me."

So for the next few hours, it's just you and Hotch enjoying each other's company. You hadn't brought anything to change, so Hotch had loaned you some of his clothing. After you take a shower, you strut out in a pair of his loose shorts and a shirt that fits you more like a sweater. Hotch laughs when you enter the bedroom.

"It suits you." You grin.

"Yeah, yeah laugh it up. " 

You plop down on the bed next to him as you take the remote to choose a tv show. Leaning back against the head of the bed, you make a decision, and sit to relax and enjoy. You're fully involved in the plot of this show until..

"My scent on you is incredibly sexy."

You blush, but brush off the thought, trying to stay invested in the episode.

"From what I saw when you walked out, you aren't wearing a bra, are you?

You fist the sheets, and Hotch smirks.

"I want to take advantage of you right now." 

You turn to him in disbelief.

"H-Hotch, how are you doing that?" 

Usually you're in full control. It's true that you haven't learned to stop all thoughts, but you put up certain precautions to keep Hotch's out of your reach.

"You said it yourself..."

He pulls you to him, your back pressed to his chest.

"I'm different."

His hand slides under your shirt, and he angles your neck so he can kiss you. You can't help but fall into the trap. The tv show is the last thing on your mind. He parts for a second, lifting your shirt. You can't help but flush at your bare chest that's now exposed. Your instinct is to cover up. You aren't sure why. You feel as though someone may walk in on you. You're not used to being in a setting with Hotch where you don't get interrupted.

"You're beautiful, don't hide."

There it is again, those thoughts. He switches positions, and you slide down against the pillows as he climbs on top. He helps you discard the shirt completely. You're still blushing like a teenager.

"W-Why am I the only one who is shirtless?"

You complain with a pout. He wastes no time in discarding his own shirt. He pulls it over his head, and you stare at him in a mix of awe and arousal. He chased criminals for a living, so it's not crazy that he would have a pretty decent build. His toned chest is dusted with a thin layer of hair. Somehow the sight makes you even more excited. Was that considered a fetish? It had to be.

"Better?" You gulp. You aren't so sure that it's better honestly.

He reads you, that devious smirk returning. You nearly choke out a moan when his hand slides into your pants. He lowers, but he doesn't kiss you this time, he just looks at you as you try to gather your breath when his fingers breach your center.

"No underwear either, you planned this didn't you?" You shake your head with another helpless moan.

"No I..swear I didn't-" You cry out for him, because he hits a particular spot.

"I don't believe you."

Your hand moves to your side, grabbing the sheets in an attempt to control your body, your sounds. You feel it, you're getting closer to your release. So close. When Hotch removes his fingers, you almost sob.

"H-Hotch please!"

He slides out of his pants, and helps you out of your own. Your hooded eyes meet his own, and you can see the care, but there is also sadness. You reach up, fingers holding his cheeks. He closes his eyes, and you can almost feel his pain.

"H-Hotch.." It's said softly.

"I love you."

You never expected to hear those words. His eyes open, and you aren't given a chance to reply. It feels like he's afraid of what you'll say. He kisses you urgently, and you return it. You hope that this kiss will show how much he means to you.

The way you feel about Hotch, it's way more than words can describe.

A part of you has made a promise.

You'll protect him with your life.