Chapter 20

It's safe to say that leaving the jet that night was very tense. The team had tentatively gathered around the round table. You couldn't stand still. Hotch still stayed at your side.

"So what, we're gonna pretend we didn't see your eyes light up like a Christmas tree."

Morgan sounds annoyed, or maybe just hurt. You'd been with the team for months.

"Morgan I swear that I-"

"How long have you known Hotch?" His rage is now directed at the Hotch.

"Since she joined the team." Morgan chuckles, but there is nothing humorous about it.

"So you've both been running around like the freaking avengers."

"I get that you're mad, but you have to understand that this isn't easy. "

"Of course I'm mad!! You both kept this from us. I guess what we think doesn't matter. I thought we were a family." Looking at him now it becomes clear. It's not so much that he's afraid. More like he feels betrayed.

"Morgan I'm-"

"You're one of us, aren't you?"

You wait for that look, but you don't meet it. Instead, there's understanding. Not fear or disgust.

"Let's be honest, if you'd said something, we probably would have thought you were crazy. I can't say I'm thrilled that apparently there's a lot more to you than great profiling and uncoordinated mishaps." Prentiss offers.

"I for one am very curious about what exactly happened on the jet. " Rossi looks intrigued, and you can't help it, you smile. Soon you begin laughing.

"I-I can't believe this."

You had mentally prepared yourself for rejection, but this was a complete turn.

"Hey, I'm still pissed!" Morgan fires. You're still laughing under your breath.

"Garcia's going to flip when she finds out." JJ comments.

"I believe the first thing she'll do is think of a good hero name." Reid inputs.

"I think I can handle that much." You sigh. You can feel the weight physically leave your body.

"I really thought you and Hotch were just sleeping together." You blush at Morgan's statement. From the looks they all give, it's clear they were all thinking it.

"W-Why would you think that?"

"Come on, when you first got here he was watching you like a hawk. Then it seemed like you guys fixed everything overnight."

You could see why that would look suspicious.

"Actually..Hotch and I are.." How should you put this in the right words?

"Sleeping together, we know. We're profilers. We wouldn't be very good at our job if we couldn't figure that out. " Rossi chuckles. Somehow finding out about your powers seems so insignificant. Your cheeks are once again burning.

"Did I mention I can read minds?"

"Bet you can, must have taken a mind reader to score with Hotch." Your blush returns full force, and the team begins laughing.

All things considered, that went pretty well.

~

"I can't believe that actually happened." You facepalm, and Hotch chuckles as he places his briefcase on your table.

"I'm relieved that they handled it so well."

Even though it was resolved, there would be a lot more questions. Now you also feel like you have to tell them everything. Even about your father. You didn't want to give them any reason not to trust you, especially after they had accepted you.

Super powers and all.

You give a little yawn.

"Do you want some water before you head out?"

He nods.

"I would like that. " 

He leans in to drop a kiss on your cheek, and you smile heading to your fridge.

"So what kind of name do you think Garcia is going to come up with?" 

Shutting the door, you head back to the living room.

"Captain mind seems like something she would say." You mumble, and your brows furrow when you gain no response.

"Hotch?"

You step through the hallway, and dread hits you like a wave. The man who's standing at your door has successfully silenced Hotch. He looks unharmed, but on edge.

"Hello Sweetheart." 

That voice brings a whole new feeling of dread.