Unexpected Ally

At first glance, I thought it was fascinating! I tapped the window glass at the strange bug that was perched on it. It was straight up chillin.

"Why hello there my drawing reference..." I say as I carefully take out my sketchbook and pencil. I begin to sketch it out.

Was I a fan of bugs? Absolutely not. However, I can tolerate them from a distance. As long as that sucker was on the opposite side of the window, I didn't mind.

I've never seen a bug like this before— I swear it was glowing! Either that or I need to be put on medication...

Before I can complete my drawing, it flies away. "Ugh bastard!" I curse. I stare at my unfinished sketch. I really wish I could've finished it...

My fault for not choosing a still-life to draw. I sigh in utter disappointment. I was hesitant to continue to draw from memory. I sucked air in between my teeth as my determination possessed me to finish the drawing.

———

Three months later I eye that cursed detailed drawing. It was pinned to my wall and beside it hung all these photographs of the same species of this bug.

They are a monstrosity that I must destroy. Blinded by vengeance, they made me into some sort of entomologist. I mean, anything to try to understand your enemy I guess. Maybe this was the distraction I needed to cover up the fact that I have no life...

Nah! Definitely not. I have an excuse for everything that I am doing. I mean, they led my poor pet into an unfortunate disastrous death. The thought of it stings and I decide to suppress it. I didn't have time to drown in sorrow— I had work to do. I unlock and open my closet; revealing the entire jarred stash of glowing bugs— or as I like to call them; "luminous vermins". Oop— they rattle in their jars angered by their captivity.

"Sorry fellas, you're staying in here until I find a secure way to destroy you..." I believe that I have found a few proper ways to dispose of them. But before I start playing exterminator, I want to capture them all. I remove an empty jar from the closet. I designed these to be strong enough to contain these creatures. I shut my closet and lock it with my special pin code. I gather my stuff as I exit my apartment.

Earlier on my phone, I saw a report of a "luminous vermin" at the playground. I hop onto my moped and speed off. I really hope that no innocent children got mutated...

———

"Guys guys guys— look at me gooo!" Leo says from above while balancing upside down on top of the swing set.

"Ugh Leo, no one cares about your fancy shmancy old tricks!" Raph says annoyed from below.

"I care." Mikey says passionately while fluttering his eyes.

"Given the odds, I suppose somebody has to..." Donnie remarks.

"Just look at me!" Leo continues to press, "I'm not going to stop until you look at me Raph! Check it— it's supper cool I promise..."

Raph facepalms. "Leo! If we don't stop this oozequito, it's gonna create more mutants!"

"Relax..." Leo chimes while balancing with one arm. Mikey jumps up next to Leo and attempts to copy him as he talks. "There is literally no one here Raph, I mean—" he lets out a loose chuckle, "what kid is going to be at the playground at 10pm?!"

"That is a very valid point if I must concur..." Donnie adds, "Can we please go home now?"

"Shut it Donnie!" Raph spits. He turns back to Leo, "The oozequito isn't going to stay confined to the park! As your leader I suggest—"