Not A Café Date

I patiently waited for Donatello to return. I was joking about eating his hoodie before but I might fucking consider it given how long he is taking...

Just as that last thought slipped into my mind, he finally returns and my jaw slightly drops.

He was wearing the exact hoodie I was wearing!

"How many purple hoodies do you have?" I ask.

"Only 2." he says, "It was a buy 1 get 1 free— and I will never miss out on such a great deal!" he explains. We begin walking.

"Hey wait, if you guys have to hide down here mostly; then how do you get money in the first place?" I ask.

"Splinter."

"What?" I question.

"That's our dad."

"Oh, so you do have parents..."

"Yep! It's just him and my brothers and I down here." he explains.

"Wow, who would've thought five mutant turtles lived underground..." I remark.

He chuckles mockingly, "Splinter isn't a turtle— he's a rat."

"I honestly can't even tell if you're joking or not..." I admit.

"No— he's literally an oversized mutant rat..." he elaborated.

"Deadass?"

"Deadass." he confirms.

"Meh, I'll believe it when I see it..."

"Oh I so can't wait to see you get proven wrong!" he says enthusiastically.

"I'm not saying it's impossible... but..." I shrug.

He shoves his hands into his hoodie pockets and leans into me, "Would I lie to you?"

I stare at him momentarily before putting my hand on his chest and shoving him away, "Yes, yes you would..." I say.

"Well not this time!" he says while jumping in the air.

I roll my eyes. "Mkay then..."

When we arrive to the ladder Donatello extends an arm out, "After you~"

I scoff and start to climb the ladder. He chuckles underneath me. I'd appreciate it if he didn't joke around while I was starving but whatever. He wants to be annoying? You bet I can match his energy.

When I climb out of the sewer, I lower my hand for him to grab. "If I may, your majesty?" I say with a plastered smile.

"Uhh..." He stares at my hand, then me, then back at my hand, and then back at me.

I snatch my hand away and tuck it into my now crossed arms as I let out a sly chuckle. "That's what I thought..." I say with a smirk. I turn around and continue walking.

"Hey—" he says as he climbs up to the surface, "You thought nothing! I knew you were joking the entire time— that's why I didn't grab your hand." he explains as he closes the sewer lid.

"Riiight..." I say teasingly.

"Hardy har har..." he says sarcastically. "You see, you're not funny. I'm funny! Not you!" He points to himself; "Funny." He then points to me; "Not funny."

"You comprehend?" He says as he catches up to me.

Once again, I roll my eyes. "Sorry what? I started tuning you out again..."

"Ugh would you stop sassing me?" he complains.

"I'll be a bit nicer once I have food in my stomach." I promise.