Sleepover

When we arrive back to my apartment, surprisingly, no one decided to crash through my window. We used the door.

Shelldon zooms around my place excitedly. "Oh sweet! I love how it's so tiny in here! It's like a perfect size for meee!!!"

I roll my eyes, "Thanks Shelldon..." I say sarcastically. He must be so used to the big open space in the sewers.

"You're welcome." he says confidently without taking the hint of my sarcasm.

I glance over at Donatello. He slowly sits down on my couch. But the odd thing was, he was sitting so... proper? Like he was stiff. I notice how he wasn't even leaning back on the couch.

You'd think that he would relax after everything he's been through.

"You can make yourself comfortable y'know..." I tell him.

He looks over to me, "I know."

"..."

"..."

The thing was, Donatello didn't want to reveal his injuries to (y/n) for various reasons. One of them being that he didn't want to be a burden. Two; he didn't want to be perceived as weak by them. And lastly, it was mainly his soft shell to endure the most pain. It was very sensitive and since it's on his back, he cannot reach it.

With that being said, he knows there is a chance you might end up patching his wounds for him. And with these new scary growing feelings he has for you, he fears the idea of you possibly touching the most sensitive part on his body in a caring way.

So he is going to hide that wounded shell of his underneath his hoodie.

"Welll..." I start to say, "You don't look very comfortable..."

"Oh believe me, I am." he says.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Nooo..."

"No?" he questions, "What do you mean 'no'?"

"I mean no! You are sitting down like you have a stick up your ass..." I say.

"Very creative yet oddly specific analogy..." Donatello remarks.

"Can I get you anything? Food? A bandaid? Want a blanket?"

He shakes his head, "I'm fine for now..."

I don't know why but this all bothered me. He's lying for sure. Ain't no way he dealt with all that bullshit and only wants to sit all preppy on my damn couch afterwards.

I throw my hands up in the air, "Alright but don't say that I didn't try!" I shift my gaze over to Shelldon flying around in circles near my ceiling. "Shelldon, you are my witness."

"Sure thing brah!" he yells from above. He zooms to another room.

"Shelldon, get down from there. You'll get hurt and be in crippling pain!" Donatello warns.

"Like you?" I spit.

Donatello turns his head to me completely unamused, "Pardon?"

"There's no way you're perfectly fine after that!"

"Tis but a scratch! Besides, I've been through way worse so..."

"And? That has nothing to do with now!" I argue, "I don't mind helping you out."

"Are you done yet?" Donatello asks tiredly. I found him dismissing the conversation hella rude. Guess that means even he knows I'm right. Suddenly, I get a great idea.

I shake my head, "I'm making you tea so you'll be less bitchy." I walk over to the kitchen.

"Um you're the one that's bitching!" he shouts from the couch, "I was legitimately minding my own business on this here couch and you won't stop nagging me!"