A Spark

"So then the librarian asked him why doesn't he just make his own damn bookmark rather than folding the corners of the page every time!" I say.

Both Raph and Mikey laugh at my story. We were sitting on my couch chillin.

Jupiter Jim was playing on TV, we were drinking hot coco with marshmallows, chomping away on some more unhealthy sugary shit, telling funny stories, looking through my old sketchbook, and just had pizza delivered.

I could totally get used to these two! Felt like I've known em for years already. And that is one hell of a compliment since I don't like many people.

Mikey scans the pages of my sketchbook, "I admire your art..." he says astonished.

"Thanks... for the tenth time!" I laugh.

"Ohh shhh! Here comes the best part!" Raph says excitedly while pointing to the TV. We all quickly shut up and watch. The scene fills the air with laughter.

"A classic..." I say while wiping away a tear.

"Omigosh— you know what I just realized?" Mikey asks.

"What?" Raph and I ask synchronized.

Mikey points to me, "You would really like our bestie April O' Neil! I think you two would get along very well. She's a human, you have to meet her!"

I chuckle, "Sure, if you insist! I would love to!"

"Yaaaay!" Mikey cheers. "Come on down to the sewers tomorrow for the most epic hang out ever then!" he says whilst continuously moving his arms up and down while pointing at the ceiling.

We then hear loud thudding steps.

"Did someone order more pizza...?" Mikey asks while looking around.

Leo and Donatello then come crashing through the window. Sadly it was not more pizza...

"OH COME ON WE JUST FIXED THAT!!"complains Raph.

"Not again..." I groan.

"Oh hiya guys!" Mikey says unbothered.

"Mis hermanos we have come to rescue you!" Leo says with a sword resting on his shoulder.

"Rescue?" Mikey questions.

Donatello storms over in front of me, blocking my view from the TV. "You have some damn nerve kidnapping my brothers and then planting a tracker on me!" he says completely pissed.

"Scoot over..." I say.

"What?"

"The TV, you're in the way..." I rephrase. I think disregarding what he was saying was funny. I watch his expression turn more angry and I try not to laugh.

"Ohh you mean this dumb-dumb TV?" he whacks it onto the floor with his staff. "NEH!" he shouted while swinging his staff.

I get on my feet, "What the hell was that for?!"

"Yeah Don, not cool!" Raph says. "We were all watching that!"

Donatello scoffs, "What? You mean to tell me you were hanging out with the enemy?"

"Enemy? Oh no you got it all wrong!" says Mikey, "(Y/n) is our new friend!"

Donatello's eyes trail over to mine and stare at me in disbelief. I shoot a teasing smile at him.

"If you're so certain they're our "friend", then explain to me why they decided to put a tracker on me?!" he says.

"Well to be fair..." Leo starts, "You put trackers on all of us soooo..."