𝟑𝟒

David's POV

The first glimmer of sunlight snuck in through the open blinds, waking me up to a new day that already foretold a progression of agonizing misery. I turned and groaned, immediately tormented by the alluring fragrance that clung to the sheets and pillows.

Her scent.

Her.

Dawn.

My wife.

I pulled one of the pillows over my face and breathed in her scent.

She'd visited my dreams again last night, wearing nothing but her savory scent, looking no less than a priestess of beauty as she lay there underneath me, sweating, mouth parted to release heavy breaths, nipples hard and erect, hair splayed across the pillows, damp, wet, shaking as I loved her body the only way I knew how to.

I pushed the pillow away and heaved out an exhausted breath as I sat up on the bed and examined my grey shorts that was strained with the fullness of my cock.

Heartbreak and blue balls were not a good combination. It missed her. We both did, and I couldn't help but wonder if she missed us too.

Was she groveling as hard as I was, or had she moved on?

I cringed at the thought and slipped out of bed. In the arid bathroom, I spent thirty minutes cleaning up and jerking off with the imagines of Dawn on her knees, taking me into her mouth, gagging, sloppy sucking me until my cock expelled every drop from my straining body unto her mouth, face, between her breasts.

A tight knot of desire unfolded in my gut as I stroked myself, releasing my arousal and watching it twinkle down the drain.

Doing so might have relieved me but I felt terrible. I raised my face to the hot scorching water and leaned my forehead against the tiles. I was a mess. My wife was mad at me and probably never going to forgive me and all I could do was jerk off like a fourteen years old porn addict.

Angered at my motion, I got out of the shower, found my air jordans, black sweat pants, a matching shirt, iPod, and I went for a quick walk.

“Jocelyn Flores” blared in my ears as I stepped into the sidewalk. It was sunny outside. As always. Day by Day the world moved on but it seemed that I was the only one stuck in place.

Eventually, my walking turned into jogging and as my memories, the good and painful ones, came flickering randomly like illustrations through my mind, I began to run.

It played like a memo in my head; the images of her smile, her blue star eyes, that sheepish look on her face the day we'd become one on the altar. As if the screen on which my memories played changed, I could suddenly see pictures of her tears begin to flash. The pictures of the times I'd hurt her with my words, times I'd made her cry. And then it disappeared, replaced with the images of Stacey.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins. I forced my legs and went faster, darting past people, buildings, and trees.

I could see everything; our past; the love we shared, times spent camping out in the woods in the middle of the night. The parties, her dancing all over me, drunk, happy, in love.

I shook my head and ran faster as my mind haunted me with frantic thoughts. The more they appeared, the more I pushed my body beyond its limits, going out of breath and strength.

I ruined it. I ruined both my relationships. Because of my fucking ego and greed I was going to be left with nothing. My sneakers pounded against the concert floor as I sprinted, pushing forward even if my lungs were on the verge of blowing up.