𝟎𝟐

Dawn's Pov

"I don't get why you work so hard." My blonde best friend, Becky who'd stepped into the office just a few minutes, chipped, spinning her chair around with a pen between her spicy red lips.

"I get paid to work." I pointed out, my eyes glued to my computer screen.

I worked at the consultation department in one of the rookie companies in Newburg and my position as a canvasser was certainly not my dream job but it was worth the while.

You'd think that marrying a millionaire would make me a sturdy housewife but I loved to work and I wanted to make a living based on my own merit. Sure David wasn't okay with that decision. In fact, we'd fought about it a couple of times but he usually conceded when I promised to let him tie me up and do me dirty.

A primal feeling bloomed in my chest as my mind replayed the last time he'd tied me up to the bed and marred my ass with spank marks, so much so that I couldn't sit properly for days.

The rush had been incredible and I could never forget how he made me spread my legs, touch myself, and masturbate for him. I could never forget how he plundered my mouth, ravaged my tits, and roughed up my pussy with his hand tongue, playtoys, and the most intoxicating of all, his-

"You're married to a billionaire," Becky's words snapped me out of my reverie. "You should be in luxury right now, not working your butt off for fifty thousand bucks every month."

"Millionaire." I corrected "David is a millionaire and keep your voice down will you."

She shrugged and spun her chair around again. "Millionaire, billionaire it all sounds the same to me. My point is; if I was married to a millionaire I'd be in the Bahamas right now, sitting on the beach and getting my spa treatment done."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "And that explains why you're still a single mother."

She chuckled softly. "Sorry to burst your bubbles but I actually enjoy being single. Last night, after I put gigi to bed early, I went up to my neighbor's door with my lucky robe and the usual can I borrow your salt shaker technique and it worked like magic." She leaned in. "Fair advice, never joke with a black man's cock. It'll hit the G of all spots."

I scrunched my nose, feigning disgust. "Oh my God, I feel so sorry for your daughter."

She shrugged a shoulder and waved me off. "Accept it. Being single is way cooler and by far better than having to deal with mother-in-law drama."

Irritation spiked in my veins. "Speaking of mothers-in-law." A gush of air left my lips. "Amanda is in town."

Her brows jumped up with interest. "Is she back to torture your life and make it a living hell?"

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, dreading the case she was making. "Yes, and I'm supposed to attend this charity event and try to get along with her. I mean, how am I supposed to pretend like she didn't try to set up a blind date for David even though we were married or like she didn't pepper spray my face, mistaking me for a thief in my own house?"

"She did that?!" Becky doubled over and released a burst of boisterous laughter that made curious heads turn our way, and maybe if I wasn't in such a horrid state of dilemma, I would have found it comical enough to laugh too, but I was.

"It's not funny." I scowled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She said, but I could clearly see laughter dancing in her eyes. "I think you need to calm down and just breathe, it's clear she's just overprotective and doesn't want someone ripping off her son's wealth."