Chapter 008

Chapter 008: Reunited
{+ authors note}

Techno took this time to admire Kioshi, for it was the first time he had been able to do it in person in four months. It was hard to tell from the pictures she had sent but her hair really did grow out a lot. Techno's thoughts were interrupted when King Pickle meowed from her space in the carrier in the passenger seat. Mr.Saito was not very happy with the arrangements of having a cat in the seat next to him.

"Keep your calendar clear for tomorrow because I may or may not have a surprise for you and we have to drive to it so it'll take most of the day." Techno said as they were sitting in the back of the car together.

"Okay!" Kioshi signed ecstatically, wondering if maybe, just maybe, he was taking her on a date. "Oh! I almost forgot" Kioshi said, reaching into her bag and pulling out the polaroid of her and her friends at the winter dance and handing it to Techno.

Techno's face heated up as he began stuttering over his words "you loo-looked uhm.... pretty in the dress" He said, saying the last part quietly as Kioshi began to blush as well. "Wait who is the person beside Silas?"

"A-s-a-h-i" Kioshi spelled out and Techno's eyebrows furrowed, trying to remember where he heard the name from, but decided to dismiss it as Kioshi must have mentioned him before or something. "Me and three of my friends are going to meet up sometime this week, and I would like you to meet them." Kioshi said, smiling brightly at Techno.

"I'm not really good with people... but I'll give it a try. Maybe you should invite them to the surprise tomorrow" Techno suggested and a confused look took place on Kioshi's face.

"You mean, tomorrow isn't gonna be a like, one on one type thing?" Kioshi asked a little nervously and confusedly.

"Well, not exactly," Techno said, before frowning at the slightly disappointed look on Kioshi's face. "Is everything alright?" He asked, watching Kioshi attempt to cover her disappointed look.

"Yea! I'll invite them, where is it at?" She asked before grabbing her phone.

"Oh uh, could I actually message it to them instead? Since you know, it's a surprise" Techno asked, fidgeting with his fingers.

Kioshi agreed and gave Techno their numbers. Techno created a group chat and started by explaining who he was and that he got their numbers from Kioshi, then invited them to the party, letting them know what time, where, how to dress, and to not tell Kioshi. Maeve hesitated but agreed, Asahi said no, Silas immediately agreed, and Asahi changed his mind.

For the rest of the way back, Kioshi told Techno about things that had happened, how the night before at the dance had gone, how her classes were, and more. Techno sat and watched contently, he was really happy to be back in her presence.

Mr.Saito dropped them off at Techno's house and told Kioshi to not wait too long to go home so as to not upset her dad before making his way back to their house. As they walked through the door Floof ran up to greet them.

"Flooooof" Techno greeted, reaching down to pet the dog. After getting a greeting from Techno Floof ran to Kioshi, greeting her before immediately sniffing the carrier with King Pickle in it.

Kioshi looked at Techno for confirmation before setting the carrier down and letting Pickle out. This was the first time Techno could get a good look at Pickle in person besides through a photo. She was an all brown really fluffy cat with a long tail. She looked up at Techno and meowed, completely ignoring Floof, and Techno's heart melted.

He tried to act calm and collected as he reached down to pet her but she bumped her head into Techno's hand and he let out a high-pitched squeak in happiness. Kioshi covered her mouth in an attempt to muffle her soft laughter at Techno.