Chapter 018

Chapter 018: Aftermath

Major Trigger Warning for later in the chapter, I'll set a bold warning before it begins.

Kioshi was laying in her bed, sobbing into her pillow, clutching it close to her. Her body shook with each sob as she grabbed her pillow tighter, trying to calm herself. For the next hour, she cried until she was so exhausted she couldn't keep her eyes open. Slowly she succumbed to sleep.

"It was all a lie," A monotonous voice said, grabbing Kioshi's attention as she sat up in shock.

She looked around, she was laying in the grass beside the pond. When she looked up Techno was standing beside her. She quickly got up off the ground and dusted herself off.

"Techno?" She asked, staring at him.

"It was all a lie." He repeated making her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked, before gasping "Techno! I'm speaking perfectly!" she said, smiling excitedly at the boy.

"I don't love you." He stated, looking at her coldly.

"Wh-what? Techno you're acting weird" She said taking a step toward him but he just stepped back.

"You broke my heart and shut the door in my face."

"No it was, it was my dad"

"You can make your own decisions. This was your choice."

"No"

"You did this because you wanted it."

The pond began running dry as all the fishes flopped on the ground with a gruesome pitter-pattering as their bodies hit the ground before rapidly decomposing. Moss grew over all the rocks around the pond, covering the once-painted rock with Kioshi and Techno's names. A familiar melody played faintly from somewhere around Kioshi but she couldn't find the source. Techno repeated his words over and over and over again until...

"No!" Kioshi said, shooting up from her laying position on her bed. She gasped from freight, looking at her surroundings she was back in her room. The residue of the dream clung to her mind as she looked to the side of her she found that her phone was ringing with an incoming video chat from Maeve, the source of the melody.

She rubbed her eyes before answering the call, looking tiredly at a concerned Maeve.

"Silas isn't doing well, I suck at comforting, I need your help" Maeve explained worriedly.

"I'll be there soon," Kioshi said before hanging up and dragging herself out of bed. She didn't bother showering she just brushed her teeth, washed her face in an attempt to get rid of the puffiness from crying, and changed before going to find Mr.Saito.

Mr.Saito drove Kioshi to the hotel Maeve and Silas had rented for their time in Kioshi's city. She got out and let Mr.Saito know she would message him when she was ready to return. After a short elevator ride up from the lobby to the fourth floor she walked down the hall, reading the room numbers as she went.

A few seconds later she arrived at room 444 and went to knock before remembering her friends were deaf. She sent Maeve a quick message who opened the door a few seconds later. The girl looked stressed, her usually neat pink dreads were thrown into a very messy bun, halfway falling out. She seemed to have eye bags more prominent than usual as well. Kioshi could hear soft sobbing from the room and frowned. Maeve ushered her inside where she found Silas sitting on the floor, his knees up to his chest and his face buried in them.

"He won't even look at me," Maeve said and Kioshi looked at her sympathetically.

She walked over to the boy and kneeled down to his height, placing a hand on his shoulder. Silas peeked out, his puffy red eyes showing from behind his arms. He quickly wrapped Kioshi into a hug and she returned it, patting and rubbing his back soothingly. He pulled away after a few moments and wiped his tears.