Chapter 014

Chapter 014: The Proper Course to Pursue

Kioshi woke up the next more to a few texts from George, some from Techno, and one from Niki. One message from George asked if she'd be able to meet them at the beach around noon, Techno's messages being one wishing her a good morning and the other asking if she was going to the beach and did she need a ride if she was. Niki's message was asking if she had gotten home alright and if her dad had somehow found out, which he didn't thankfully.

Kioshi dragged herself downstairs, wanting confirmation from her dad before responding to any messages. As she walked down the stairs she could hear some people bustling about, undoubtedly Asahi and Mr.Masao were getting ready for their trip back home.

Her suspicions were confirmed when she saw Mr.Saito dragging luggage out the door. She quickly ran up and grabbed a bag from him to help and he offered her a grateful smile. She walked out with him, loading the suitcases into their trunk before heading back inside.

Mr.Masao caught sight of Kioshi coming back in with Mr.Saito and stopped her.

"You hadn't needed to do that, it's a man's job. Plus that's what the servant is for." He said, smiling at Kioshi with a smile that made her sick. She could hear Mr.Saito scoff from beside her.

"He is not a servant" She retorted as politely as she could manage.

"Your father pays him to do chores, does he not? Last I checked that is the definition of a servant." Mr.Masao said snottily.

"Yes but he hired him years ago, Mr.Saito is family now." Kioshi replied.

"Well anyways, we have to get going. I look forward to seeing you again Kioshi." Mr.Masao bid goodbye before passing by Kioshi.

Kioshi sighed before remembering her original quest: to convince her dad to let her go to the beach. She quickly checked the rooms in search of her dad until she finally found him in his study. She went in and stood in front of his desk as he didn't make an effort to glance up at her. Finally, after she cleared her throat he sighed and closed his laptop, looking at her through his thick-rimmed glasses.

"So dad, I was wondering" She began, nervously twiddling her fingers, "If it would be okay if I could spend some time with my friends at the beach today."

"Sure." He said before looking back at his laptop, catching Kioshi off guard. After she gathered herself she waved her hand to get his attention again.

"Really?" She asked, her surprise showing clearly.

"Yes," Her father clarified, looking at her through the top of his glasses, "I think Maeve and Silas are good for you to be around."

Kioshi stammered a bit, wondering if she should say anything but deciding against it and giving her dad a small nod before scurrying out. She quickly pulled her phone out to check the time, seeing as it was only 10:49 am she sent a message to George saying she could make it and then messaged Techno and Niki.

She went to go take a quick shower, blowdrying her hair once she got out. By the time her hair dried Techno had messaged back asking if he should pick her up from her house and she responded by saying she would meet him at his house.

She quickly got dressed throwing on a soft pink sweater and light blue overalls over it, making sure to grab her tote with her camera. She put a pair of black boots on and headed down the stairs. She told Mr.Saito she was leaving and would message him to let him know when she knew for sure what time she would be home.

She walked out the door and started up the stone path. An involuntary smile rose to her face as she thought about the events of last night. She and Techno were finally officially dating! The more she thought about the happier she became, even now she was walking with a skip in her step.

She only hoped that her dad didn't find out, and if he did, that he wouldn't lash out. She wasn't ready to go back to the academy, she honestly hoped that maybe her dad would let her stay, and she could start college to become an Astronomer. She loved studying the stars and planets, it was her passion but her dad shut her down, saying she should take a break to figure out if that was what she really wanted but she knew he just wanted her to pick a profession in the medical field.

She shook her head slightly trying to shake the thought out, right now she just wants to focus on her and Techno's relationship. Soon she come across the clearing with the pond, she stopped for a second, looking over at the rock, she slowly walked up to it, it still looked good, some of the paint had chipped and there was moss growing at the edges of the rock but you could still see the hand prints and the names. She smiled to herself and continued on her way to Techno's house.

Once she reached the house he was already outside, Floof running circles around his feet. He looked up from Floof to Kioshi once he saw her out of his peripheral view. He smiled at her and she smiled back, though her smile hadn't left her face since she began walking, and she quickly rushed over to Techno, giving him a hug. He bent down a bit and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Hallo" He greeted, making Kioshi smile more at the sound of his voice.

"Hi" She said softly, her voice warming up from her using it more often.

"Are you ready to go?" Techno asked while still holding her close against his chest. Kioshi nodded slightly and Techno pulled away, offering her a blushing smile. "Let me out Floof back inside, you can go ahead and get in the car it's unlocked." He said before calling the dog and walking towards his house.

Kioshi went and sat in the passenger seat, pulling out her phone to let George know they were on their way. Once it was sent Techno was already getting into the passenger seat and they started off on their way to the beach.

Around twenty minutes later they arrived, parking beside a couple of other cars that were rented for everyone who was temporarily there. Kioshi and Techno walked hand in hand down the boardwalk steps and onto the sandy shore. It wasn't hard to spot the group of young adults standing by the waves.

George was the first to notice the pair and broke away from the rest running full speed at Kioshi. Kioshi let go of Techno's hands and started running towards George. They collided together and stumbled, nearly falling into the sand, but steadied themselves and hugged each other, bouncing up and down.

"You guys act like you didn't just see each other last night" Wilbur commented and George rolled his eyes.

"Sounds like someone is jealous of Kioshi" Sapnap commented making a few people laugh.

"Knf is superior!!" Karl shouted.

"whAt?!" Dream exclaimed making Karl giggle more.

"I think all ships are overlapping each other it gets confusing," Niki said laughing lightly.

"Ninety percent of them is with George too" Ranboo pointed out.

"We should have a castle sand building contest!" Tubbo exclaimed and Ranboo agreed.

"Us against you and Ranboo!" Kioshi said gesturing between her and Techno.

"Bet" Ranboo challenged, getting to work immediately on his and Tubbo's castle.

Kioshi did the same, Techno started by digging a trench around where Kioshi was building up the towers. Tommy got out his vlogging camera, first showing Techno and Kioshi's building and then Tubbo and Ranboo's build. Then he went to go vlog the others, Wilbur and Quackity had started an "Anti-Ocean cult" bit, saying they only serve one god and that being the pig from Moana that was scared of the Ocean.

Then Tommy went over to try and capture George and Sapnap, who were chasing Dream in a "Manhunt, Irl Edition". They ended up catching up but not stopping in time, sending all of them crashing into the sand.

Hey guys!

I had originally written this as one huge chapter that was 2500+ words but decided to split it into two so I hope you enjoyed part 1 :]