Chapter XXV - Naru

~Previously~

"My head felt fuzzy, and yet everything was so funny. It wasn't that funny once I was puking up my guts though... especially since Naru refused to kiss me on the lips all night long."

~Now~

It's finally the weekend, the festival is over, and Haru told me that I could have a few days off. Recently I started thinking about home again. Not Aunties house, yes we actually call her auntie now. It kinda grew on us. 

I've been thinking, like what will happen if we never find our way out of this place? Did our bodies just up and disappear back in that forest? Or maybe we're both in some hospital bed back in the village. Or maybe the people who we were fighting took us... what if they extract Kurama out of me?! 

Or what if we do wake up? Will we just up and disappear out of this world... is this world even real? What if it's all a gen-

"Naru!" I blinked and looked sheepishly towards Sasuke, "Hey, are you alright? You were spacing out again."

"haha- yea... I was just overthinking again." 

"About that?" I looked away embarrassedly at how well he can read me, "Hey, it'll be alright. No matter what happens we will be alright. Even if we have to pretend to hate each other when we get back, and it doesn't matter if we don't ever make it back because I'll always have you." 

I felt a small smile creep up onto my face as I hugged him. "You always know what to say to make me feel better. One thing is still bugging me though."

"Hmm?" he started playing with my hair as I pulled him down so that we were laying together. 

"Well, I was thinking, what is this world. There are so many things we don't know. Like, we don't even know if all of this is real or fake. And also, did our bodies disappear? or are we still laying down in a cold forest. Or maybe we're in the hands of Orochimaru. And if that's the case, what's stopping him from extracting Kurama from me, or just killing us in general?" I spoke faster and faster and I just began to speak all my worries to the one I cared about and loved most. "Also! what if-"

"Naru, it'll be ok. It's been a month already, I'm sure that if our bodies still existed that they'd be back in the village. And if someone was planning on killing us don't you think we'd be dead already?" 

"... I guess you're right" I sighed as I tried to relax. I focused on the setting sun that made the light coming through our window golden, casting perfect shadows to make the man in front of me even more pretty. 

"As always" we said this at the same time, since I could predict what he'd say. We started laughing as he kissed me. "You're perfect, do you know that?" I blushed as I just shoved my head into his warm chest instead of replying.  

I could feel him hug me tighter as he whispered something I barely caught, "Cute." 

I felt my face flush and pouted as he let go of me. I saw how he smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile too. "I missed you, guess what though!" he tilted his head as a way of telling me to go on, "guess what today is?"

I tried my best to not laugh at the confusion on his face. How could someone forget their own birthday- though I wish I could forget mine... I pushed those thoughts aside and listened to him, "Saturday?" 

I giggled a bit and waited to see if he would figure it out, he didn't. "No, silly, its July 23... ring any bells?"

"My... birthday?" I nodded my head in confirmation. 

"Yeah, I wasn't working for no reason, I was saving up money so I could get you a gift." 

I didn't have time to realize Sasuke going to hug me until  his harms were around my back. I hugged back, I was smiling until I felt my shirt was getting damp. I looked down and pat his head and asked, "Are you alright? Why are you crying?"