Chapter V - Sasu

~•《Previously》•~

I walked into the mysterious girl's house, with thoughts filling my mind of how to find my way back. Sasuke said that it would be fine since we were lost together... but now that we've separated... I can only hope for the best.

~•《Now》•~

I go out to get some food that we can eat later. I decide to go back to that place that I first woke up in. It's a big place so it's bound to have a market somewhere.

I must go back to the warehouse and tell Naruto where I'm going so that he doesn't get any ideas. I get back only to not feel Naruto's chakra signature. I make sure that there isn't any enemy ninja around when I slowly make my way inside. I look around to see the place completely empty.

My heart began to race. Where could he have gone? He's blind, how would he fight back?! What if that guy, the one who did all this, came back?! If he did, what would I do? Could I fight him while he has Naru as a hostage?

Okay, deep breaths. I don't know anything. For all I know he could have decided to walk around somewhere and got lost if so, I doubt that he could've gotten far. Ugh, I don't know anything! That's the problem! If I only I had some sort of tracking device or a seal on him that would teleport me to him!

I decide that the best choice of action it to go and get food, but make sure to keep my senses up so that if I ever feel his chakra, then I can run straight to him. I usually wouldn't make this decision knowing that he could be in danger, but I also know that there's nothing I can do except either spend all day trying to find him or spend all day trying to find him while getting important resources.

After leaving as a note, just in case he somehow gets back before I come back. The obvious not stated, if he's able to come back. I ignore my thoughts as I make it to the gigantic village, type thing. I don't really know what to call it. Most of the buildings are so tall that I don't think that I have ever seen anything so large. It's almost like every building is like the kage building!

Besides that, I start to look for the marketplace. With a place this big, it must have one. I simply use my nose to smell for fresh fruits and vegetables. Soon enough I find what I was searching for, no luck yet with finding Naruto.

I walk down the streets, seeing that it's starting to get dark. I should get what I need fast so that I have more time to go down other streets so that I have a higher chance of finding him.

I go up to a stall that seems to be selling a whole bunch of fruits. There are peaches, strawberries, kiwis, and a bunch more tropical fruit. I should probably get some that don't get bad too soon. Having that in mind, I buy some oranges, more apples, and some green pineapple. I got the pineapple green so that we have a long time that we can eat them.

I continue to shop for food until I think we have enough to last us a week. I'm left with armfuls of groceries. At this moment it would be useful to have taken Jiraiya's offer all those years ago to learn how to make a simple storage seal. I'm guessing that since Naruto spent three years training with the perv that he probably knows how to make one. Next time that I see him I'll have to ask him about it.

I decided that I should bring the bags back to our living place. I will come back after I have this load off my shoulders.

While I'm walking, I hear some noises from a backstreet alley. I decided that I should go check it out since it could lead me to Naruto. Unlikely, but possible. I set my groceries down outside of the alleyway and peek inside. I see three grown men picking on a, what looks to be, 14-year-old brown haired boy.

After seeing this I would feel horrible if I just let it go, so I decided to help after figuring out what's going on.

"So, want to tell us where grandpa is so that he can pay his little debt. He said he'd pay up yesterday, yet I don't see our money," the one on the right said.

"I already told you, I don't know where he is. The last I saw him was two days ago when he said he was going to work!" the boy said while crying.

"Well, if he can't repay us, you'll just have to do, right guys," the on the left said as the middle on started walking forward.

Just as I saw him pull out a knife, I decided I saw enough. I came out of my hiding place. "I have a piece of advice, " I said getting all four of their attention, "How about next time you choose a better place to hurt someone, wouldn't want you getting caught."

"Yeah, and what are you going to do, hotshot?"

I go full speed, basically a flicker, towards the dude and got behind him. I take out a kunai and hold it up to the guy's neck, "I don't know, how about you guess."

"A-Alright man, j-just kidding. You know, all fun and games right?" one of the guy's friends said, while harshly glaring at the boy as if saying 'you better keep your mouth shut.

"Right, I'm sure that's all this," I said while motioning around the four of them, "is nothing."

"Yeah, tell him!!" the other friend said also glaring at the brunette that is now sitting on the floor in, I assume is, fear. He just nodded, no doubt thinking that I couldn't take on these losers.

"Well, if that's just what this was..." I said while trying to get the boy to man up and tell the truth, "Then I'll just be on my way." I could see the men visibly relax while the boy tensed.

"W-wait!" just as I predicted, "please, it wasn't a joke! T-They were trying to get payback for my father's wrong debt!"

"You little shit!" The one I let got said while running at him to stab him.I quickly grab the dudes wrist and twist it, and grab the knife from him. I stab the right guys shoulder as he comes running at me. The left man tries to make a quick escape but I throw the knife at his leg. All but one passed out from pain. I grab the boy and pull him out of the alley. After a few deep breaths I finally ask the boy for his name.

He stood there in shock for a minute until he finally processed what all happened and answered me, "Ah! My name is Kioshi Fugawari!"

"Hi, my name is Sasuke Uchiha."

"Thanks for the help there, I have no idea how I'll repay you."

"It's all good, if you want to know though, you can help me with something."

"I'll do it!" he said quickly, "I know how bad it is to be in debt to someone."

"Great! Don't worry it's nothing to bad. I just want help finding my..." what is he to me? A brother, rival, ... "My friend."

He tilted his head in a mix of confusion and shock, "that's all? I'd think that saving my life would mean a bigger price for me to pay."

"It might be easy, you might think, but this friend of mine is very important to me. He's the only one I trust completely, and I'd give my life for him. He has saved me multiple times and I'd be worthless without him."

"Okay, I'll make sure to help you until you find him," he said happily, "for the meantime so that it's easier for the both of us, you could stay at my house! It would be easier to meet up in my kitchen every day than having to meet here. Plus, it'll help me feel better to know this also will help you out since you, basically, saved my life."

I agreed since it would help me in the long run.

"We can start searching tomorrow, how about we get you settled in tonight."

I, once again, agreed with his decision, after all, it's getting dark out now.

We start walking down a different street, getting into more of a living district. After about twenty minutes of awkward silence and one-word answers to Kioshi's questions, I remembered. I had forgotten all about sending out regular chakra signatures to check for Naru, I decided it was about time that I did.

I checked again, not really getting my hopes up for any trace of him after a long day of the same answers, but my eyes widened considerably when I felt it. It wasn't that big, either from long distance or exhaustion.

I was broken out of my thoughts when Kioshi stopped, right in front of the building where I felt Naruto's chakra signature.