Chapter II - Naru

~•《Previously》•~

"We're lost, but I know that it's going to be okay because I'm not lost alone, I'm lost with you."

~•《Now》•~

I know that things are going to be different now. I won't be hiding behind a mask, and I won't be the hyperactive, orange-loving, idiot. I'll be me, only me. Not some person who's dream is impossible, or a worthless piece of trash that can't do shit. No, even though I can't see, I can rely on my other senses.

Knowing that we're not in konaha makes me feel more calm. I was worried that I'd have to defend myself in my current state... Its sad, but I'm even happy to be somewhere else. To have a break. Having Sasu here with me though... Makes me even happier.

Sasuke left after our conversation ended, it still clear in my memory. How I told him about myself. I wonder if he hates me now. I wouldn't be surprised, after all, I kept myself hidden from him. Who wouldn't hate me after finding out what I am? I guess I'll figure out what he thinks of me after he comes back.

As time goes on I think back to our conversation...

~flashback~

"How can you say that when you're now blind, because of me?" Sasuke asked.

I didn't say anything, not sure what to say. How am I suppose to answer that? I can't just tell him that the Naruto that he's known this entire time is fake! Although true, it'll still hurt. I have to tell him either way, it isn't fair to keep the truth hidden any longer. I'm no longer in the village so there's no reason to fake anymore.

"Sasuke," I started, "First of all, it's not your fault."

"Yes, it i-"

"No, it isn't," I interrupted sternly, "None of this shit is your fault, so stop saying it is. Look around Sasuke, you never wanted to be here, therefore it's not your fault. I could very well say it is my fault."

"But it isn't."

"Exactly, and it isn't yours either."

"What happened, Naruto?" He paused before continuing, "Why are all of the sudden acting all mature? Did that jutsu give you brain damage or something?"

"No... but it's kind of hurtful that you'd think that... Look Sasuke... this is just as hard for me to say as it is for you to hear. I know it's hard to process, and it's ok to be confused... but the Naruto you knew wasn't me. It was all an act to keep me safe, to keep you safe. If you knew the real me then you would get hurt. If I showed my true self in that village then I would get even more abuse then I already do."

"What do you mean abuse, you weren't getting hurt were you? I didn't see any scars or bruises."

"You couldn't, I always wore that horrid jumpsuit."

"But still, how would you get hurt in the village? There are so many people I don't see how you could get attacked, without someone intervening or getting help."

"Exactly, there were people everywhere. Everybody you saw walking down those streets has hurt me at least once. Nobody got help because if they saw I was getting beat up they would join in. It didn't happen that much after I started acting, meaning the first day of that dumb academy. Before that, I wouldn't be able to leave my damn house without coming back without a scratch. I do have scars, you've just never seen them. I kept them hidden for good reason. Either using the little genjutsu I know, or hiding them with clothes. I can't eat at restaurants or buy food without it being crazily overpriced, poisoned, or being kicked out. Everybody around in that useless village hates me, the only person I could trust was Jiji, the Hokage."

"But why? Why would so many people hate you? You didn't do anything wrong. You were just a child! Why would the villagers hurt an innocent kid. It just doesn't make sense to me?"

"I don't expect you to understand, in fact, I expect you to hate me too."

"I'd never hate you!"

"You don't know though. Why they hate me. Why they hurt me."

"Then tell me! You can't know if I'll hate you unless you tell me god damn it!" He said raising his voice, "If you tell me I might be able to help you or at least be there with you."

My eyes widen as I felt my eyes water. despite how crazy it sounds, I want to tell him. I don't want him to hate me. I want him to stay with me, but I know that'll never happen.

"So just.. just tell me," he said weakly.

"... Alright, but promise you won't say anything that will be painful until I'm finished," I say after a moment of contemplation.

" I promise."

" It will also take some time... It's a long story after all."

"I have all the time in the world."

"It started when I was born. You know of the nine tails attack fifteen years ago, right?" I guess he nodded, forgetting I couldn't see since there wasn't a reply. "Well the Yondaime, my father, wasn't able to exactly kill the creature."

"Wait, hold up, the fourth Hokage is your father?"

"Yes, anyways, since he wasn't able to kill him he had to seal him. You can't seal such a powerful being in an object, so it had to be sealed in a person. Not just any person though, it had to be someone who has a lot of chakra and hasn't opened their chakra coils yet. Much like a baby. Me being an Uzumaki meant I have a lot of chakra..."

"You're not saying..."

"Sasuke, do you know what a jinchūriki is?"

"..."

"It's a human with a demon sealed within them. A vessel known as the monster it holds."

"You..."

"Allow me to introduce my self, I'm Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, ninja of Konohagakure, jinchūriki of the nine-tailed demon fox, Kurama."

"This is so much to process... what am I supposed to say after finding out that the person who I thought I knew isn't who I thought they were? And in fact, is the son of the fourth Hokage and is the jinchūriki of the nine tailed fox!"

"Nothing, you say nothing. You go somewhere where you can think, and decide who I am to you. whether that is a friend an enemy or just another person walking down the streets, that's up to you. But you have to have some time alone. I can take care of myself for a little while."

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone, you know, with your eyes and all..."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"Okay, I'll be back in a couple of hours or so." I just nodded.

Let the waiting game commence.