Chapter VI - Naru

~•《Previously》•~

I was broken out of my thoughts when Kioshi stopped, right in front of the building where I felt Naruto's chakra signature.
It

~•《Now》•~

Once I got inside of the house my thoughts about Sasuke died. The house wasn't like anything I've seen before. Of course, the outside was weird, it's just that everything else around me was that way too. I wasn't expecting the inside of her house, which looked a lot like the ones around this one, to look just as nice as one that belongs to a clan head.

Suki told me that she would give me a tour around the house so that I have the basic understanding where everything is so that I have a less likely chance of tripping... I get the feeling that she still doesn't get that I know that I can "see". I decide to let her drag me around so that I don't get lost. I wouldn't really get lost since I have my chakra sensing, but just in case I get in a situation where I can't use my chakra, I want to know.

I begin to use my chakra again to see while she drags me around the house, only to feel out of place. I grew up, and still live, in a house that has only three rooms. I have a corner, which is my kitchen, and a table that I never use in one room. I have my bedroom, which is basically only a bed in a room, and a small bathroom. It's not all that bad if you lived that way all your life, but when the time comes where you're in a house that is really fancy, like the one I'm in right now, then you end up feeling like you're a piece of garbage that is in the dump that is waiting to go back to its trashcan. It may sound exaggerated, but it's the only way I know how to explain it. Plus, it's how I feel.

Some of the floors have hardwood flooring, but most of the floors are covered by tatami mats. I don't know about other villages, but tatami mats are really expensive in Konoha, which is why it is very rare to see a civilian's house with even small amounts, or any at all! The walls in the tatami mat rooms seem to all have horizontal wooden planks; while the rooms that have wooden floors have pure white walls. The furniture in every room looked brand new. Yet I know that they are many years old due to the way the cushions on the chairs and couches looked the slightest bit weighed down by the many years of being sat on, and the way the wood on the other pieces of furniture, like the side tables, have faded by the slightest bit. I can't see color, but Kurama knowing that I'm a little curious brat, his words not mine, described everything to me.

I heard Suki ask, "Hey, Naruto, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just not used to..." I motioned around, "All this."

"Oh, I think I understand, " she said confused, probably because she thinks that I can't see at all.

Over this short period of time, I've decided that I'm definitely in a different world. First, there's no chakra, which in my world everything is literally made up of chakra. I've also concluded that I won't be able to use nature chakra.

"So, are you hungry? My grandma has been making supper."

"Yeah." I didn't have that big of an appetite, but her grandma probably made extra food for me, so it would only be polite.

She started walking toward the dining room. Once we reached there, we sat down and I said, "Thank you for letting me stay, Fugawari-san."

"It's no trouble," she said while smiling, "We had an extra room anyways. You can stay if you want until you're able to go home. Also, call me Maki-san!"

"Okay, if you say so..." I said a little unsure, but piped up when the smell of food hit my nose, "Let's eat, looks good!"

"Grandma's cooking is the best," Suki exclaimed.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm the best, but I can whip up some pretty good muffins."

I was about to go sit down when I felt an all too familiar chakra signature approaching. He was about twenty-three meters away. It was easier to detect him because there wasn't any chakra around.

He was with someone else. A boy. He was 165 cm. I quickly snap myself out of assessing the boy, having to tell myself that he wasn't an enemy. If he was, then Sasuke would take care of him.

"Hey, what is it?" Suki asked

I looked at her weirdly, as if asking what she meant.

"You stopped walking, kit."

"Oh, it's just that..."

I was about to tell them, but Kurama interrupted me, "Kit, are you dumb? You already know the answer to that question," He insulted, " You literally just seven minutes ago figured out you are in a different world, this world doesn't have chakra. They don't know what that is. They don't know that you can see through chakra. If you tell them that they are approaching they'll ask questions. Questions you don't want to answer."

"Oh, right."

"Sorry, it's nothing just remembered something."

"Whatever you say."

"Thanks for the save, Kura"

"No problem Kit, just remember that things are different here, be careful."

"I will."

"Hmm, what did you say?" Suki asked.

"Nothing!" I could hear Kurama laughing in my mind at my mistake.

I hear a knock and the front door open, the boy that was with Sasuke yelled, "I'm back!"

"Oh! just in time!" Maki-san said excitedly, "We'll have someone staying over for a while."

"Hmm, who?"

"Oh, just this boy who is around your age, named Naruto."

"Speaking of people staying over, someone saved me from you-know-who and I wanted to repay him by letting him stay over until he can get into a better living situation if that's alright."

"Well, it might be a tight fit, but I'm sure that it'll all work out."

At that moment the boy motioned for Sasuke to enter. He came in and our eyes immediately met. I had the urge to just run up to him and give him a tight hug... I mean, I'm not opposed to that idea.

I wonder if he's mad... If he is, is he angry cause I left without warning, or because he found me? Then he would leave me, and we won't ever be able to see each other again... Bad thoughts. bad thoughts. Sasuke is a friend. He's not against you like the rest of them. He's nice, he wouldn't do stuff like that.

Without thinking I whisper, "Sasuke..."