Chapter XII - Naru

~Previously~

We walked home and I don't think I'll every be forgetting the feeling of Naru sitting on top of me any time soon...

~Now~

Panic shot through me as I saw how I was sitting on him. He's gonna hate me now, I already know it. It's gonna be like any other person I've ever liked. I'm gonna ruin it before I've even had a chance to show them my feelings.

I've only liked a couple people in my life, most of them were childish crushes on people I found cute... But I always knew I never had a chance at any of them. With all the villagers shoving it down their children's throats that I'm a monster... My hopes were crushed easily. I mean, who would want to date a monster? Definitely not Sasuke :( well... Maybe?

But... I got hope again recently when I fell for Sasuke. Even though I promised to myself that I would never like someone again, he is different. How could I not like him... His soft hands, his loving personality, and most of all how he still likes me after he knows who... Or what I am. That is if he's not acting. What if he just wants to get out of this place somehow... Get it together Naru! You can't be thinking things like this again.

The only downside is... He's a guy. So there's even a SMALLER chance in hell that he'd actually like me. ME! I've never met someone who's actually attracted to the same gender... So even though I don't have to be so worried about him not liking me for the usual reason, I have no clue if he is even capable of liking me.

Back to where I am... Walking home with the person in name. My cheeks are still pink with embarrassment from earlier. God I hope I don't ruin what's between us. Though I'd like more, I'm super happy with what I've got.

The silence has gotten awkward. With my obvious anxiety over my thoughts, and the lack of conversation only making it worse... I think I'm about to die at the sheer amount of worries in my head.

" So... Umm, tell me something about yourself I don't know yet, I want to know you more..."

All of my thoughts stopped when he talked. His voice was softer then normal and more timid. I dont know if it's because he feels bad or because he's embarassed... Regardless I love his voice so much. It's smooth and it calms my anxiety so much.

"Naru?"

"OH! Uhhh... I don't know, it's hard to think about something to tell you, what do you want to know?"

"I don't know!"

" Then why did you ask?!"

"Because I wanted to make you feel better you dumbass!"

"..."

"..."

This time both of our faces turned beet red.

I can't believe he said that to me! Wait, I have to respond or else hell feel bad!

"Uhhh, t-thank you for caring..."

"Uh, yeah, no problem...."

Then the silence again... But this time both our cheeks were red. I don't know what to do, any conversation that we try to have ends more quickly then it started.

We walked for a while, Sasuke leading the way, until he said something finally.

" So, What makes you happy?"

Without thinking I said the most embarrassing thing ever, "you."

I stopped in my tracks as soon as I realised what I said. I think I'm about to die. My face feels like it's going to melt off. Maybe it's for the best. I look up to see him just looking at me... Oh god. I've made him angry. Why do I have to be like this?!

"Ah, you make me... Happy too," he said, almost whispering the last part.

"Oh..."

"Oh? "

"Umm... Yeah?"

And... The dreadful scilence is back. This time it lasted until we got home. Both of us red and not knowing what to say.

Once we got inside though, a whole different issue was brought up.

We walked in only to see Kioshi mad and Suki crying in anger.

"How can you, my brother, tell me not to like someone and then tell em that they don't like me! I love him! And he loves me!"

"Since I'm your bother I have to tell you the truth when you're stuck in a lie. Naruto doesn't like you anymore than a friend, and if you keep this up then you'll ruin that too."

"I hate you! You don't know anything!!!"

Meanwhile Sasu and me stood in the walk way awkwardly hoping that Kioshi didn't notice us. Sadly, things didn't go our way...

"Sorry about her and all the trouble she's caused you two. I'll understand if you don't want to live here anymore. But before you decide that, please let me talk to her some more to make things better. My grandma adores you two and I like you guys as well."

"Uhh, yeah... Sure" Sasu said slowly, not really knowing what to say.

I quickly budged in, "Don't worry! We'll stay! I really like it here, and I like you guys too," I hugged Kioshi as he cried a little, "Suki is just going through a hard time, but that doesn't mean I don't like her either." He hugged back briefly before I let go and smiled at him,"it's been a long day, so I think we're going to go to sleep, we'll see you tomorrow Kioshi."

"Alright see you later."

And with that I motioned for Sasu to follow me. We walked down that hall, only pausing a short moment looking at Suki's door before continuing down the hall to our room. As soon as the door shut I let out a sigh as I fell on the bed. I didn't realise how tired I was until I finally was able to rest.

"Naru...?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of Suki?"

"I already said, I think she's having a hard time right now and needs to be alone for a while," ... ", Why you ask?"

"Oh, no reason in particular..."

"About earlier," I started, "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

" For... You know, when Suki and you were, and I..."

"Oh, that?... You don't have to worry naru, I didn't dislike it."

And with that we started getting ready for bed. I undressed to my boxers and crashed, Sasu not too long after.

I fell into a deep sleep, too tired to care or even think about sasu's suggestive words.