Chapter I - Sasu

"Ahhh~ this is sooo stupid!" Naruto groans, "Why do we have to do this mission anyway? I'm sure Kakashi could do this on his own!"

For once he's right, this mission is stupid.

"I mean, come on! Some dude decides to steal a couple of forbidden jutsus, how bad can that be?"

This continues for a while until his complaining starts to get annoying. It's not like I want to be here either, yet he doesn't see me whining! Plus this has been going on for fifteen minutes! I think I'm about to lose it!

Right as I'm about to yell at him to shut up, I hear footsteps above us. I quickly look up towards the trees, but there's nothing there.

I stay alert and continue to try and identify the sound. It can't be an animal, too small to make such a sound. So it must be a person! Is it our target?

I'm about to use the signal Kakashi told us to use if we sense danger when about five ninjas ambush us.

I look over to where Naruto is to see that he is in a daze, not yet aware of what's going on.

Without hesitation, I yell to him, "fight you, idiot!"

He glares at me, "shut it teme!" Then, an enemy tries to attack Naruto, but I quickly twist his arm back from behind him, hearing a satisfying crunch, I let go. He writhes on the ground in pain. I scoff and go towards the next loser who thinks he can beat me.

As this is happening Naruto finally decides to join the fight. I already finished the guy who tried to attack Naruto plus one more.

Naruto and I fight for what seems like forever until there are only two enemies left.

I take out my sword and kill off the guy I was fighting, stabbing the tanto through his chest.

I bend down, using my hands as support on my knees, exhausted. I remember there's still one guy left, the one Naruto is fighting.

I turn around, just in time to see the guy doing foreign hand signs. Could he be using one of the forbidden jutsus they stole? How could they learn it so fast?! Then it hits me, he is trying to hurt Naru! If my only friend dies on a dumbass mission like this I won't forgive him! I run towards Naruto, as fast as I can, but it is too late.

He finishes the hand signs and activates the jutsu. He mumbles the name of the jutsu under his breath so that I can't hear it, and shoots a bright beam towards Naruto's face.

I watch in horror as it hits Naruto. Without even realizing it I scream out his name. I reach where Naruto is just in time for the jutsu to finish. Naruto quickly starts to fall. I catch him before he hits the ground.

He is writhing in pain, screaming. I watch with tears in my eyes as he clutches his eyes. I fall to the ground with Naruto, sitting down holding him close. Without even realizing it the tears start to fall down my cheeks. How could I be this weak that I can't even protect what's supposed to be my teammate... No matter how stupid he is I have to admit he's strong and cheers things up when it gets solemn.

Then I remember that there's still an enemy. My head shoots up to see him finishing another round of hand signs.
I try to get up as quickly as I can to avoid whatever jutsu he's using. I run the other direction with Naruto in my arms, but he's weighing me down, so I can't make it far enough. The ninja casts the jutsu, this time hitting both of us. Then everything goes black. My last thought as blackness entered my vision was, how much ramen does this dumbass eat.

I don't know how long I was unconscious for, but when I wake up I'm met with the night sky and a slight sprinkle of rain. I suppose I was out for a long time.