Chapter III - Sasu

~•《Previously》•~

Let the waiting game commence.

~•《Now》•~

I can't believe this. How can the person I've known, or I thought I knew, not be who I thought they were? How can the annoying idiot who is obsessed with the color orange and becoming the next Hokage, not be him? How can someone so harmless be the holder of a demon? How can someone so nice be hated by so many, for something that isn't even his fault for that matter!

I don't know what to think anymore. Does he even care about me, or team seven? Was everything fake? All the laughing, the pranking, was it all for an act? Why would someone go through so much trouble, just for what? To be something that they aren't? I just don't understand.

How much was fake? What was real and what wasn't? The rivalry that we had. The failing of tests.

What is Naruto really like? Does he still like the food of the gods, the color orange, or the dream to become Hokage and be seen as a capable ninja? For some reason, I want to get to know him, the real him.

I want to be mad at him, I really do. I just can't get myself to hate someone I don't know. I have to accept the fact that the Naruto I knew wasn't him. so who is Naruto?

What do I know about the real him? I know that He's an Uzumaki and the son of the Fourth. I know that he's a ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village. I know that he's the jinchūriki of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. That's about it.

Despite how crazy it sounds, I want to get to know him better. I want to be mad at him, I just can't bring myself to. I want to be mad at him because he has been lying to me since I've met him. I want to be mad at him because he deserves it, but I can't bring myself to hate someone that I don't know, much less someone who has been hurt too much already.

Yeah, I know that he exists obviously, but I now know that I know little to nothing about him. It would be like seeing someone on the street, you know they exist since you saw them, but you know nothing about them so you can't hate them. Plus, I like him. Just because I now know that the Naruto that I knew was fake, the face is the same. Even if I pretended to hate him, I didn't. I never hated him. In fact, I always thought of him as my friend. You can't just hate your friend. A bond can't be broken that easily.

I want to continue being his friend, and maybe even best friends and if there's something that's more than best friends I want to be that, too. I want to learn who he is and find out his likes and dislikes. I want to be someone who is special to him, someone he can trust. Someone he can trust even more than the Hokage!

With new found determination I stood up from my sitting place and turned towards the warehouse. I will befriend Naruto again and I will become someone he calls special!

I walk towards the warehouse with determination in each step.

Once I got there I paused for a moment, what am I going to say to him? I already decided what he is to me and what I want to be to him, but how am I supposed to do that? I can't just go in there and say something stupid like, "Let's be friends!" That'll just make him not want to be my friend. How am I supposed to be friends with someone I know nothing about? I have to get to know him, but how? I can't ask him out of the blue, but I can try to spend as much time with him as possible. If you spend enough time with a person then you're bound to find out the personal habits, likes, dislikes, and dreams.

With a plan, I step foot in the quiet warehouse. If I knew any better I would think nobody was in here, but with the knowledge that Naruto was here, I knew that wasn't true. I look around to see Naruto sitting on his makeshift bed, facing the open window, in the lotus position. With silent footsteps, I made my way towards him. I sat next to him, in the same position, "Hey."

He kept quiet, and just before I thought he didn't hear me, he opened his eyes. He hummed in reply.

"Are you hungry?"

" A little."

"What do you want? There aren't very many options, but we can try to get something."

"How about ramen?"

So that hasn't changed...*sigh* great.

My eyes widened as I heard him giggle cutely. Wait.. cute? Never mind that, "Why are you laughing?" I puffed.

"It's just that," he paused to breathe for a second, "I can just imagine your face right about now!"

"It's not funny~! Well, maybe a little..."

"But seriously, an apple's just fine."

"Are you sure that's enough? You only ate an apple for breakfast as well and now its already late evening."

"Yeah, I don't eat much, surprisingly."

"Was liking ramen part of the act, too?" I not so subtly asked.

he chuckled again, "It's still the food of the gods."

Thank god that that's still the same! If he didn't like ramen I would have no more hope in humanity.

"What hasn't changed?" I asked

"Not much. Tell me Sasu, what do you want? You did have a hour to think."

Caught off guard of the nickname I blushed a little. "I-I" I cleared my throat before continuing, "I want to get to know you, the real you!"

"I can't tell you everything about me all at once, so how about over time you can ask questions, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability."

"Okay!" I said in excitement. I'll be able to befriend him faster and easier then I thought!

There's a journey ahead of me. It won't be a journey alone, but a journey together, just Naruto and me.