Chapter 4

[Killua's pov]

The both of us walked down the long halls until we found ourselves at a large entrance. The pedo smirked before pushing open the large doors, he seemed to have been struggling opening it which made me giggle a little. Those doors were nothing compared to the ones back at the Kukuroo mountain

Once the doors were open noise immediately filled our ears, screams and shouts, cheers and complaints being thrown around. The doors shut behind us and we walked farther into the large room. It was actually pretty big.

There were bleachers that lined up against the walls, and in the middle of the room was a large arena with a metal bar fence surrounding it. There were people left and right, snacks in hand or tickets in hand. In the corner there was this booth that people lined up outside, seeming to be where people bought said tickets.

"Welcome to hell's arena!!" Amaru cheered as the noise around us only got louder. I cringed at the name, such a rip off of heavens arena. What are they thinking? They are gonna get sued for this. "Get it? Cuz hell is underground?" Once again, I cringed.

"Shitty name but alright." I mumbled quietly, not loud enough for anyone to hear, especially not with all the yelling. We kept walking, making our way to the ticket stand.

"This is where people pay and vote for who they think will win! It's a gamble of a lifetime! If they pay for the wrong fighter then they lose that money and it's given to the winner and whoever knew they would win! It's also where you submit your fighter name!" So like, no levels or different floors? Damn this place is weird.

"This place is run underground! It's an illegal arena! No heroes have even come close to finding us out!" What's up with these freaks and heros, they live in some fantasy world or what. I looked around at was was probably thousands and more people lined up across the stadium watching the fights.

Some people had their own little fights going on in between bleachers, most likely caused by a disagreement of who they thought would win. When I looked at the arena I noticed fighting in the arena was the ashy blond girl, Yui. She seemed to be pretty beaten up, her uniform had bits of blood on them and her arm was broken.

Her opponent was a male that looked to be quite older than her. This fight isn't fair, the older man was obviously more experienced with the way he fought. The man stepped forward grabbing the ash blond girl by the throat and lifting her into the air. I looked back at the ticket stand, already knowing the outcome of the fight. There was a loud snap and a thud, cheers erupting from the crowds shortly after.

"Do hunters compete often?" I asked, as we made our way through the line to the front. Attempting to not look back at the arena. This isn't fair, kids shouldn't have to live their lives like this, let alone die like it.

"Hunter? Not sure what you mean by that kid. If you mean like someone who hunts animals then maybe a couple but not that I remember! " Amaru shouted through the loud cheering before whispering to the person in the booth. They nodded and I was handed a piece of paper. The paper had these strange symbols on it. Shortly after I asked the lady at the front what it said after giving me a skeptical look, it asked me what my fighter name was. I thought for a moment before grabbing a pencil from the ticket desk and writing the number 99 as my name. Just a small callback that would make me smile.  

Just as I finished writing it I handed the paper to the lady at the front, looking over my shoulder for just a second. My eyes locked with a bloody scene and my smile fell. The girl from before with so much life in her eyes, she was dead. Her neck was snapped, her body lying limp on the concrete floor of the arena as people cheered for the winner of the fight.

Before I could even argue I was grabbed by the arm and pulled across the stadium back to the large doors. I pulled out of Amaru's reach just as we reached the halls again.

"What was that for?! And what about that girl?! She didn't need to die if you just stopped the fight!" I yelled at him, extremely pissed off.

"Oh quit whining already! People die! That's just life!" He shouted as some of his men entered the halls and shoved a pile of clothing into my arms, a gas mask laying gently on top of it all. "Plus with that quirk of yours you should have no problem winning!"

"Kids shouldn't have to die! Especially not like that! What about their family's?!" I argued, ignoring the new outfit. The girl from before, she mentioned to me how she was just going home after a normal day of school, she planned on surprising her brother for his birthday. Even through her saddened eyes just mentioning her brother made her lighten up a bit.

"She had no potential in life, it doesn't matter if she died or not" Amaru rolled his eyes and I gritted my teeth, just about ready to rip this guy's head off.

"Look. If I win this match then you let all those other kids go. I'm the only one you need here to win matches." I tried to bargain with the man, I don't mind being here. But the children here don't deserve this. They don't need to grow up like me. Fighting, killing, dying. Too much for small children who don't know what's happening. At least I was taught well and don't need to worry about death. These kids are terrified of death.

Amaru scoffed, taking a moment to think about the proposal. He seemed skeptical, it was clear he didn't think I would make it out alive. He underestimates me. And that's why hell's arena will fall.

"Deal." Amaru rased his hand out in front of me, offering to shake hands. I didn't really want his musty crusty hands on me but a deals a deal. I reached my hand out and we shook on it. "You're match starts in a couple minutes, hurry up and get changed." He growled, taking his hand away and gesturing me to head off. So I did.

I ran back to my supposed room, shutting the door and changing into my outfit.

(I do not own the art, it was found on google and is just used to give you a little idea on how his outfit looks)

( imagine this but with a sweater overtop and a dark gas mask that slightly changes his voice. Its sorta like a school uniform if you leave out the gas mask and sweater. )

I put on the gas mask just as I heard a small ring from the top corner of the room. There was a speaker with a little light.

"99 please make your way to the arena!" A feminine voice sounded from the speaker. He will regret underestimating me. They all will.

Words: 1198

It's 3 am don't judge me lol