Chapter 9

[Killua's pov]

It wasn't a long drive, but it felt like it was taking forever. Eventually we made it to some building, there was a sign out front but again I couldn't read it and it bothered me. At some point I am going to need to learn another writing language, it isn't that hard but it's still annoying.

I hadn't made any contact with Sakune for the entire ride after our last exchange. But he seemed to tense as his eyes landed on the sign in front of us. The tired homeless man parked the car, unbuckling himself swiftly and opening the car door. He stepped out, opening the door on my side as well, gesturing for me to get out.

Without a word I hopped out of the car, followed shortly after by my orange haired companion who still seemed on edge being here. What is this place? Eraser man brought us to the building, gently but firmly knocking on the door. It didn't take long for someone to answer. A woman with brown hair tied into a ponytail stood at the door. She seemed to be wearing some sort of uniform. Hard to tell for what though.

She gestured for us to come inside, so as soon as the tall man- okay I admit I am running out of things to call him and it's getting old. As soon as Shota bowed and made his way indoors, we followed suit. Giving a small bow before running to catch up with him.

We followed him until we found a staircase, it was plain and wooden but it had these interesting art pieces hanging from the rails. Shota stopped and bowed once again to another woman who stood at the foot of the stairs. She smiled, returning the bow before beginning to speak up.

"You must be the lovely children joining us" she said softly, bending down to our level. I know she isn't trying to be rude but honestly. Condescending much?

"This is Sakune'' he said as he gestured to the shorter boy. "And this is nine." He gestured to me. He's missing a number but hey I guess it is more normal to say it like that so I can just deal with it for the time being. Aizawa glanced at me one more time

"there will be someone here tomorrow to see you, are you okay with that?" I gave him a quick nod, not really even considering it. I won't be here by tomorrow anyway so why would it matter to make a fuss about it. The woman stood up straight again, looking back to Shota, wanting to move on from this conversation.

"Alright sir, I can take them from here." She smiled, gesturing for him to leave. He looked like he was skeptical about leaving us here at first but he complied with the strange women, leaving me at the bottom of the stairs, confused as all hell. "This way children!" She began walking up the stairs, we reluctantly followed her, making our way up and finding ourselves in a hall lined with doors. I placed my hands in my pockets and we walked down the hall, stopping at a door around three rooms down from the end of the hall.

She opened the door, flicking on a light around the corner and once again gesturing for us to go somewhere. Sakune was the first to go inside, he walked in and sat down on one of two beds that sat in the corner of the room. He looked gloomy and upset about something.

"Welcome to your new home for the time being! You can call me Ms. Kishi, This is your shared room, Masato here knows the drill" she then turned to the boy in question. "You have sign language class this evening with one of our staff members here who already speaks the language so that should help just for right now. You only have one lesson but I am sure you will be enrolled in more classes afterwards"

I chuckled slightly at her usage of words. What the hell does she mean speaks the language- the entire thing is based on not speaking! She seemed to have noticed my absolute show of laughter and corrected her words.

"I mean sign. She knows sign language" her smile dissolved into a more annoyed and embarrassed expression as she turned on her heel and was about to leave before I interrupted her.