Chapter 13

[third person pov]

Months have passed by now and most days were the same. Killua woke up, got dressed, ate a bowl of cereal and a chocolate bar and made his way to school. Days went by as per usual. Every once and a while Killua hung out with Sakune and he would show him around the city.

The both of them have been taking their sign language lessons almost everyday and were actually able to have a conversation with each other now. It's awesome! One day when he was showing Killua around the city the other boy brought him to a crowded beach covered in garbage. But something was strange about it. Every time they visited there was less and less trash around the beach. I mean, they were not complaining but it was just odd

Killua had been getting pretty used to this new place. But that doesn't mean he had forgotten about Gon and Alluka..the past months have been nightmares nonstop. He can't sleep without my mind racing about them. His mind would tease him non stop 'what kind of brother goes missing on his little sister! What if she got hurt and I'm not there to protect her? What if Illumi showed up?'

Thoughts always raced in his mind as he tried to find some way to distract himself, it could be sweets or maybe even just going on a midnight skateboard trip around the city. Though that did involve getting scolded by his caretaker for sneaking out without permission to leave after curfew.

The albino sighed, pulling a chocolate robot out of his pocket and peeling the wrapper as he walked down the streets. His other hand supported his skateboard under his arm. Today is the entrance exam for UA highschool. Sakune decided not to try out for the hero course, seeing as he lost his quirk he felt as if he was useless as a hero and would be better off somewhere else. Though, he did consider joining the support course at UA.

The streets were pretty packed, whether it was people going to the exam or just random people going about their days. Killua quickly finished his chocolate bar, stuffing the remaining wrapper back into his pocket and stopping at a crosswalk.

"Are you lost?" A quiet voice sounded from behind the boy, it sounded taunting as well as curious. He wasted no time to look over his shoulder, his eyes being met with nothing. Everything seemed to go silent for just an instant before the voice returned, this time from in front of him, repeating the former question. "I said, are you lost?"

He snapped his head forward, his eyes halting at a small boy standing directly in front of him as the both of them stood just across a street, waiting for the signal to cross. The smaller boy had black messy hair that was held to one side with a hair clip. He wore a simple black school uniform and his eyes shone a bright yellow as the sunlight bounced off those cold irises. The boy had a scar across his cheek in the form of a cross. Though the scar seemed quite fresh.

"Mister?" The child impatiently spoke once more, connecting his hands behind his back and leaning forward. Killua instantly shook away his thoughts, assuming he was just too sleep deprived and was seeing or hearing things.

"Oh, no actually I'm fine." He spoke, giving the smaller child a quick reassuring smile and a short nod before glancing back up just in time to see the sign change. He ignored the stare of the child as he put his hands back in his pockets and began walking across the street.

The cold stare of that child followed him by the crosswalk. Making the white haired boy stop once he reached the sidewalk once more. The gaze seemed to still follow him even as he turned his head back, glancing across the busy street to meet eyes with those yellow orbs. The child grinned, waving at Killua before a car drove by. As the car passed it looked as though it had erased the kid from existence. One moment he was there and the next he was just..gone?