Chapter 25

[third person pov, switches later on]

The next event was the cavalry battle, the way the event would take place was shortly explained by the r rated hero Midnight. And it wasn't until she revealed one thing did Killua really regret all of his past life decisions. He had gotten second place, meaning he was absolutely screwed. Well, less screwed then Midoriya but still fucked.

The event would be partaken in teams of four. Killua decided To sneak off to find Shinso while all eyes were on Izuku, good choice too seeing as when some realised they had no chance to go after the top they went to the second, only to find he had mysteriously poofed into thin air.

"TOSHI!!!" Killua shouted, tackling the insomniac boy from behind. Needless to say, both of them fell on their asses. Killua didn't care at all whether Shinso had plans for another team or not, he was self inserting himself into the other boys team whether he liked it or not.

"Get off of me!!" Hitoshi protested, shoving the albino boy off of him so he could brush himself up and get back into a standing position. It took one look at Killua and he could see right through him. He knew exactly what he wanted with those sickening yet oddly adorable cat eyes of his. "No, find a different team. I cant have second place on my team, it'll only draw more attention to us." Killua pouted, crossing his arms.

"But toshiiiii" he whined, latching onto the older boy's leg despite him trying to kick him off. "Pleaseeee! I'll make you my special coffee for an entire week!" The continuous kicking came to a halt as Shinso contemplated the offer.

"A month, and you take the closing shifts." Killua's face dropped, he didn't mind taking the closing shift sometimes. But every night for an entire month! That's asking for trouble. He opened his mouth to argue, but if the look on Hitoshi's face told him anything at all, it was that he wasn't up for bargains.

"Deal." He nodded his head, detaching from the other boy's leg and standing up to brush himself off. "But that means you take the morning shift!" He replaced his smile with his cat-like grin once again. Yet before Hitoshi could argue back this time, the speakers boomed as the countdown started. He mouthed a quick 'I hate you' to which Killua responded with an "I love you too" as their team got into position.

As soon as the battle started, almost every single team had gone after poor Izuku Midoriya's team. But they had themselves covered, so it wasn't for them to worry about. It was also as expected to have a few instantly go after Hitoshi and Killua, seeing as they had a specific fabulous looking fela- sorry sorry, since the one who got second place in that last round was on their team.

It wasn't that hard to stay out of the reach of the other teams, so what if Killua used a tiny bit of his power, his running, and so what if one of their teammates face planted halfway through the match. Point is that Hitoshi stayed in the air, and kept his points as well.

Killua was able to pass with Shinso's team. And the break started shortly after. Most of the other students wandered off to greet others, or pick up snacks before the next half of the tournament. Shinso had already walked off with the others, leaving Killua to stare as Izuku walked off with a strangely determined face.

And being the polite sweet bean he is, and how he would definitely never snoop. He followed Izuku only to find him and Shoto having a deep ass convo about childhood trauma. Honestly not what he expected, safe to say he left them to their....um..talk.

Not knowing really what else to do while he waited for his classmates to finish eating, and for the crowd to die down so they could announce the next games. Killua sat in the crowd, at his own seat, far enough back not to cause attention, yet close enough to cheer on his friend. Because of course the first match had to be Izuku against Hitoshi.