Chapter 21

[third person pov]

"Put that boy down! You have no idea what he is capable of!" The hero shouted, raising his hand in the air, ready to activate whatever quirk it was that he had.

"Wait wait!- just chill out for one goddamn second." Killua attempted to calm the situation. The hero didn't change his stance, eyes still set on Tachihara. "Look, we can talk about this in a reasonable manner." He spoke again, slowly lowering Tachihara back to his feet.

"You know if you had just let me go we wouldn't be in this situation." Tachihara crossed his arms, looking in the opposite direction. The hero stared confused before raising his voice once more.

"Surrender yourselves! I've already called backup, there is no use in running away now." It was easy for Killua to tell the hero was trying to stall. There was no way he would be going for some random kid and a killer alone. He was waiting for others to arrive at the scene. It didnt seem like tachihara cared whatsoever considering he just placed his hands in his pockets and began walking away. The hero began to panic, pointing his arm directly at tachihara.

If everything had gone his way, a small boy would have died, but instead, with a swift activation of nen, Killua moved in front of tachihara in time for him to be shot directly in the chest. Though something was different. The albino glanced down, seeing a number glowing on his abdomen that was slowly counting down.

"What the hell is this?" He shot his head back up at the hero, glaring intensely. The hero stuttered and fell backwards against the wall of the alley, breath staggering as well. Tachihara, turned back around from where he was leaving, eyes wide before he ran back to Killuas side.

"I know this mark, I heard about it on the news once. A hero with the ability to put a timer on someone else." Tachihara observed the numbers as they slowly counted down. 2 hours left.

"Im so sorry- I didnt mean to hit you" the hero stood up, placing his hands in the air as his eyes wandered around the alley anxiously. Waiting for backup Killua presumed.

"Save it, you meant to hit the other child right? Jokes on you instead of attacking one minor, you attacked two. Goodluck with the cops on that one. Hero gets arresting for attacking two unarmed minors." The hero began to panick even more as Killua spoke. "So, what does the timer do?" Tachihara froze, grabbing at Killuas shirt to get his attention.

"It kills the target with a poison when the timer runs out. The quirk is normally used as a threat in the hero force, to get information out of people." Tachiharas eyes were fixed on the number counting down, refusing to leave it just in the chance that he would look away and it would have counted down.

"You worried about me squirt?" The boy blushed immensely, embarrassed before finally taking his eyes off the number and punching Killua in the gut. If Killua wanted to lie he would have said it didnt hurt. But that kid was hella strong, it wasnt like it made him weak but he could definitely feel it and that meant something alright.

"Don't call me squirt. I'm not even that small you know!" Tachihara retorted, crossing his arms while the hero still stood there confused as all hell. Killua chuckled lightly to himself before looking down at the number once again before shrugging, putting one of his hands in his pocket and grabbing Tachihara by the collar with his other hand. "Wait- where are you going?!" The boy shouted as Killua was again, dragging the shorter one around as they began to leave the alley.

"Don't move." A raspy voice echoed as the sound of boots landing on concrete filled the ears of passerbys. Killua immediately recognized the voice and whipped out his arm, latching onto Tachihara and jumping out of the way in time to watch a scarf pass them by. "That is the opposite of what I said." Aizawa stood at the end of the alley, two fingers pressed against the bridge of his nose as he sighed.