Chapter 10

[Killua's pov]

I'm not going to lie, the class was actually pretty interesting, we learned the basics, nothing too hard. And it wasn't that difficult to memorise everything we were being taught. I actually kind of had fun.

But now it was just about time to leave, everyone else already ate dinner and the smaller kids were all asleep by now. We were sent to our rooms, and told it was lights out. So we did as asked and waited around an hour or two, just staying quiet before we got up, silently opening the window and beginning our plan.

I sharpened my hands, using them as a way to climb down, Sakune did not have much trouble getting down either, he used the bricks on the outside as foot holders and the windows of different rooms as a place to hold on. We made it all the way down without a single problem, landing in the playground in the backyard.

[third person pov]

The two boys made their way to the back of the playset. They left the building while in their outfits, no regrets. The gas masks looked fucking awesome in the dark. Especially equipped with their eyes that seemed to glow toxic colours in the night.

It was too dark out to look for a spot in the hedges to escape from. so killua sharpened his hand and cut a small tunnel through the hedges, as one does. As soon as they made it to the other side they carefully shoved the branches back to cover their tracks, standing up and brushing themselves off.

They swiftly made their way to the streets, keeping their hoods up to avoid being stared at. There were still people out at night, even if it wasn't too many it was still a lot for this late at night. As they walked down the streets everything seemed so quiet. Too quiet. And that's when it happened. Killua quickly out of instinct jumped to the side just in time to see Sakune be wrapped up by some grey scarf.

"You're a pretty quick problem child." A familiar voice spoke, Aizawa stood a bit farther away from them, he pulled his scarf in, holding Sakune by the shoulder of his sweater, still keeping a tight hold on him with his scarf. Killua shot a sharp glare at the older man. Who just smirked and spoke up once more "I expected the both of you to pull something like this. A bit predictable" he said. "Now then. I'd appreciate it if the both of you would cooperate and head on back."

Killua was in a tight spot. He knew he could dodge that scarf as much as he needed to, but there was still the problem of Sakune already being caught. Something was off about this world, and every thought that crossed his mind urged him to run. To leave everyone behind and go find his family. Family. Gon and Alluka are his family. He refuses to put anyone above them. He had just been about to turn and run before he locked eyes with his..friend...he's a friend. Why is everything so confusing right now!?

It was certain that Killua wished not to cause a scene, and for the sake of his friend. He bowed his head and calmly walked forward to Aizawa. Out of instinct the hero wrapped his scarf around Killuas waist, but he didn't even try to dodge or resist. Aizawa smirked slightly at the compliance before he escorted the two boys back to the orphanage without any inconveniences whatsoever.

When they made it there, the two were given small cots made for toddlers. They were set on the floor in the intermediate area and Aizawa stayed there all night without a wink of sleep so he could keep an eye on Sakune and Killua. He was used to no sleep by now, it still made him frustrated knowing in a couple of days he would have to cocoon for a while to regain his energy and will to actually live.

Sakune gave in once more, falling sound asleep quite quickly. As for Killua? He stayed up the entire night, half of the time attempting to beat Aizawa at a staring contest. Needless to say he failed quite miserably. Aizawa seemed to get a little pleasure from watching the problem child's frustration everytime he had to stop and blink, rubbing his watery eyes.

In all honesty, the hero was getting quite curious as to what kind of power this kid holds. I mean, why would a fighting arena ruin absolutely everything they have worked for just to keep some kid wrapped up in their mess. It doesn't make any sense unless said kid had some sort of unimaginable power. And from what they saw the other day? All they could point out for some type of quirk was possibly a speed or strength enhancement style quirk. And even then, the bloodlust that kid released every once in a while shocked everyone to their core.

Could it be his intent to kill? Is that what is so special about him? Even then it wouldn't make sense for a child to have that strong of a bloodlust. Or at least that's what Aizawa was thinking. What was killua thinking you may ask? Well my friends, our little albino was wondering how many times he would have to play this stupid game before he could get used to having his eyes open for that fucking long!

The two were brought out of their thoughts, and their staring contest as a knock sounded on the door. Aizawa stood up, opening the door and bowing his head with a small 'hello'.

On the other side of the door was a woman with neat brown hair tied up in a ponytail and a hat on top to cover it all. She was wearing ripped jeans along with a crop top that was split in two halves of color, one half black and the other half white. The sleeved swapped colors and the black side had these green striped cuffs whilst the white side had red ones.

Aizawa moved, allowing the girl to enter the room. Sakune awoke shortly after the knock was heard. He sat cross legged on his cot, stretching his arms out with a yawn.

"Rise and shine, sunshine" the girl spoke, leaning back against the wall. With her hands in her pockets. Sakune waved at the girl, a bit confused as to why there was some random woman talking to him when all he wanted was sleep, so he pinched himself. When nothing happened he internally groaned and stood up, brushing himself off.

"Masato, meet your new big sister Aya. She will be taking you home to your new family." Aizawa stated plainly, Aya smiled kindly and waved at Sakune. "As for you, nine." He turned to Killua "though Masato's new family isn't too keen on taking another child into their care, Ms. Aya here has offered a place at her house for you to stay if you would prefer that more than the orphanage. She moved out a while ago after she turned 24, so she is legally allowed to adopt you."

"Hold on a second." She paused the conversation, moving off from the wall and walking closer to Killua, who was standing across the room "this only works if you actually want to live with me. You would still get to see Sakune as much as you want considering he's part family. So, what do you say?" This was all too much information at once. What is with this world and all of its talking. Killua thought before sighing and nodding his head.

"Fine. But you don't control what I can and can't do, understand?" Killua spoke softly, only sparing Sakune a glance to notice the expression on his face. He was happy. The grin on his face said it all.

"Understood captain, the only problem is you're gonna need to help me out at work k?" Killua nodded in understanding before Aizawa interrupted.

"Alright, Ms. Aya, the forms you can fill out are out front. When you're finished you can take Masato home. I'll be taking nine for now, I'll be sure to drop him off when we are finished at the police station." Aya nodded as well, before giving a small salute and heading out the door to go fill out the adoption forms. Aizawa stood up, gesturing for Killua to follow. He was skeptical at first when he heard about the police station. But they will probably just question him, he doesn't need to tell the truth...right?..

The albino nodded and stepped forward, placing his hands behind his head and following Aizawa out of the building after waving goodbye to Sakune. They didn't need to walk far before they found themselves at the police station. They entered and Killua and Aizawa separated as they took him to a questioning room. A small smirk rested on the corners of the child's mouth as he sat down in the room he was placed in.

Words: 1527

Dude I'm gonna cry. Reading wattpad story's nonstop for hours on end can never end well-