Chapter 19

[Killua's pov]

Turns out the kid was 14, he just looked a lot younger. I spent the entire night trying to dig up anything, even just a bit more info on this kid but I still only found that one article. I even sent Katsuki a message asking if he could help research but I never got a response. Legend has it he never responded from that day on.

The words that kid said had me thinking. Was he actually talking to me? He asked me if I was lost. I had just been about to call it a night and get some rest before I stumbled upon a video clip. The title had odd numbers and letters I didn't understand so I ignored that part and focused on the footage. The video started off with news reporters questioning this couple that stood in front of a crowded school. The two looked as though they were in their 40's and one had tears in her eyes as she spoke.

"Why on earth do you think your child would have done this?" The reporter questioned right off the bat, not even giving the two a moment to think before jumping right in. The two shared a glance before they responded.

"We aren't entirely sure, he never acted out at home, and he's always been such a sweet boy." The wife I presume, spoke. Holding her husband's hand as she did so.

"When you say 'always' what exactly do you mean by that? The child was adopted, was he not?" The reported interrupted, leaning the microphone towards the two adults who nodded in response before answering

"Yes, Tachihara was adopted but we treat him like part of our family." The mother responded, wiping away her tears before continuing. "We never would have expected our sweet little boy to do such a thing" I scoffed, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Treating someone you adopted as part of your family is just the bare minimum.

"Do you think your son will show up at your doorstep for safety from the authorities?" Another reporter jumped in without hesitation, the camera focusing on them for a second before turning back to the recipient's.

"We can't know for sure, but we can assure you that if the boy were to show up we would hand him over to the heros for further action to be taken." The father spoke, it seemed like the first time he had anything to say about the incident or even any thought about the matter.

"I see, what do you think the heros would do? Tachihara Ito killed three classmates. That is considered the amount of a serial killer." A third person joined in, they weren't a reporter but just a bystander in the large crowd out front of the school being surrounded by police cars and sirens.

"I hope our baby is safe, but he needs to learn his lesson. What he did was wrong and he should know the consequences of his actions." The woman spoke once more, in the start she sounded sentimental and sad, but her voice ever so slightly morphed into one of greed and self esteem.

From the start it was easy to tell the two parents were shitty people. You can tell by the way they spoke, acted, responded, stood and even the way they said their own child's name. Something was off about it all. It was clear they weren't giving the whole story on the matter. I sighed as the video finished off with an ad, turning off my phone and stumbling out of bed. It was around five am, so I gave up on the thought of sleep and decided I would start my search early in the morning. I only have one day to crack this mystery, and boy oh boy am I going to fucking destroy it.

I groaned at the thought of having to go back to school the next day but decided to leave that for future me to deal with. I chose an outfit, changing and throwing on a sweater overtop because of the cool weather during the early mornings before picking up my bag and quickly emptying it of all school supplies before putting my notebook and pencils back inside, along with a water bottle. By water bottle I mean fruit juice that I used my nen on and turned into alcohol.