Chapter 29

[third person pov]

The day after the incident didn't go as smoothly as Killua hoped it would have. Instead of getting up in the morning, making breakfast and some coffee, then heading off to the internships he had with Aizawa. The shorter boy was met with a very confused, and very aggravated Aya.

Kurapika stayed over for most of the night, at least until Aya had woken up, and once she had, boy oh boy was she furious. The chain boy was able to calm her down slightly, and the two ended up playing cards together for the rest of the night. With the exception that Killua had promised to explain everything in the morning.

Of course Killua had halfheartedly hoped that he would have woken up in time to leave without Aya noticing, as most days would go for them. Yet when the albino boy had attempted to sneak to the kitchen without any sound. He found Aya had already made breakfast and coffee in his place.

In the short lived silence, Killua let out a small squeal when Aya turned her unimpressed motherly glare in his direction. In a foolish attempt to turn around and run, Killua had been tackled by the older girl who kept him in a tight hold.

"Don't even try you trouble maker!! Tell me what the hell happened yesterday!!" Aya shouted as Killua attempted to squirm out of her grasp to his own dismay. "Ain't no way that I'd let you leave this house without telling me why I almost got shot!!" He tried to bite her to get out of her arms but she just gently smacked his face, like she was slapping his hand from the chocolate cupboard, to which Killua responded with a literal hiss. Killua finally escaped the others grasp and crawled into the kitchen.

"It wasn't my fault, okay!! Be happy I rescued you idiot!!" Killua scrambled to his feet, holding onto the kitchen counter, only slightly confused when he noticed his coffee mug was full. "The fucks that?" His cat-like face morphed into one of immense disgust when he brought the cup to his lips and took a small sip. It was as if someone had poured an entire bucket of sugar into the poor coffee. Killua quickly spat the drink out into the sink before turning back to face Aya with pure confusion written all over his face.

"We didn't have enough mugs, and you were asleep" Aya shrugged, crossing her arms with that same motherly disappointed look on her face. Boy did Killua hate being looked at like that.

"We? Who drinks their coffee like that? Cuz it sure as hell ain't you or me." Killua glanced around at what he was able to see from the kitchen room, two figures caught his eye quickly from the living room. He darted around the corner in an instant, only to see his homeroom teacher leisurely drinking coffee in the corner, whilst a certain sharpie man was siting across him on the couch with that stupid fucking smile.

"Your teachers came by to chat, isn't that wonderful?" Aya had some sort of evil smirk only Killua had noticed as she rounded the corner into the living room. "Oh and, Allmight, my apologies but your coffee is gonna take a little longer." Aya smiled warmly to the pro heros before turning on her heel and sticking her tongue out at Killua as she left to remake the sugar travesty.

"Young Zoldyck!" Allmight spoke, instantly gaining a harsh glare from the albino boy, clearly not liking the nickname given. The pro released an awkward cough, as if to turn the conversation that hadn't even begun yet. "The other students have already left for their internships." Allmight spoke, turning his gaze to Aizawa, as if begging him to continue the conversation for him.

"Well I'm an underground hero, so internships with me aren't going to be the same as your fellow classmates." Killua raised this brow, nodding his head for his teacher to continue. "As you have most likely gathered, my quirk isn't exactly suited for battle, which is why I have trained severely to enhance my close combat fighting skills."