Chapter 12

[Killua's pov]

It's needless to say things didn't go so well with Aya once I got back. But I wasn't in the greatest mood to deal with people, I mean how could I?! That dying child interrupted my search for chocolate robots! Who wouldn't be furious? Either way I was too exhausted to do anything else but sleep. So I passed out soon after I tucked that exam paper back in my pocket.

The next day I woke up to the sound of music being blasted in my ear. It was nothing I've ever heard before but it greatly pissed me off. Aya's stupid smirk remained even after I insulted her mother.

She convinced me to get up, only because she said I could have sweets after breakfast. I swiftly got changed into my new school uniform and made my way to the kitchen, which had a decent sized table off to the side in which there were two seats and neatly placed plates along with cutlery.

I glanced at the food on the plates. Aya had made pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup, a swirl of whipped cream along the top and different types of fruit scattered across the table in small bowls.

"Don't get your hopes up kid, consider this a welcome. Because there's no way in hell I'm going through the trouble of waking up that early to make breakfast ever again." Aya spoke from behind me, she walked to the kitchen counter, grabbing her mug of coffee from under the coffee machine and proceeding to add whatever it was she preferred that morning into it.

I ignored her sass about waking up, who's she to talk to anyway? She's the one who woke me up, you know! Not the other way around! I sat down at the table and Aya followed suit, sitting across from me and taking a sip of her coffee before placing it down on the table.

"I got you a backpack, along with some school supplies, it's hanging on a hook by the front door k? Oh and we are going to go shopping after school to get you a phone" I nodded, stabbing my fork into the pancakes and taking a bite. Aya picked up her coffee again, taking another sip of it and placing it back down. She crossed her legs, locking eyes with me. "Do you need me to drop you off or do you know the way?" I shook my head

"I passed by the school on my walk around the city yesterday, I know where it is" I spoke with a small shrug, taking another bite of the food.

"Alrighty! After school, meet me at the cafe okay? We will go to get you a phone when my shift is over" I finished off the pancakes, placing the fork and knife on the plate and pushing my chair out, standing up and walking to the sink, rinsing the dishes and leaving them in the sink to deal with later.

"I'll head out now, later" I gave a small wave, walking to the front door and picking up the backpack Aya was talking about, throwing it on my back and opening the door. I closed the door behind me, placing my hands in my pockets and beginning my walk to school. Ew, that mentally pains me to think about.

—————

The bell rang as kids filed into the school in different groups. I noticed a couple stares being shot my way, but only a couple caught my attention completely. The eyes of that blonde from before, and the broccoli boy as well. They go to this school as well it seems.

The blondes eyes furrowed as he glared at me, I did not spare a glance, making my way into the school and looking for my classroom number. When I found it I walked inside, finding an empty desk at the back and taking my seat, placing my backpack beside me on the floor.

The day was boring as expected, I wasn't in the same class as those two other boys. But something was still off. The teacher spoke of the so-called hero school called UA high. My interest was piqued and I actually glanced up from my desk, halting my sketches. The teacher paused glancing at the class then to me.