Chapter 16♡ (Baby Brunch part 2)

(Pheobe's P.O.V)

"Would anyone like a Mom-osa?" The girls giggled. "I'd love one please!' Ariel said. "I'll get them though Auntie Pheobe."  Asking what was happening with the girls, Amanda filled me in. "Well, Faye went on a date with Adam the other night. That's why she's running late." The other ladies giggled. "Oh. That's so cute!" Amanda then said that she was excited to become a wife. "I cannot wait. Carisi is the love of my life.' We could all tell that he made her happy.

The door then went.'I'll get it." Amanda went to answer it as Olivia told me more about wedding plans. "I'm going to ask Cragen to walk me down the aisle. He's been like a father to me." I said that was lovely. Feeling a kick, I smiled. "She's here! So is Alex!" We all said hi.

"Hey you two!" They hugged us. "Mom? Could you get me a doughnut please?' She said yes. As Alex and Faye sat down, we saw Faye blushing. "We can see that you're in love!" Faye blushed.. "It was just so romantic. We watched tv and ate good food." We all snickered. "Are you surreee?" Alex nudged me. "She has a point." Faye giggled. "Yes. Anyway, how are you Alex?' She said that she was feeling much better.

"It's taking time, but I can feel myself healing. The boys are okay. Zack still needs me. I'm working on talking to a therapist about him. But, I'm just going to see how he feels. I'm going to also talk to Tyler." We all advised her. "I'd say that you need to give yourself time to grieve the loss of the relationship. You loved him. And you have children. You were in this bubble and he who shall not be named burst it.' She giggled as Nina spoke. "She's got a point. And then his mom passed away and.." Alex nodded. "I just feel lighter. Like, I don't even want to see him for that closeness anymore. I just feel so free." We all clinked glasses. "Amen to that!" As we continued to talk, Liv asked me how baby intimacy was going. "It's so lovely. Finn is really gentle and I'm considerate of his needs too."

The girls all cooed. "Finn is super lovely and we are really happy that he's with you." Faye then made a toast. "To our Pheebs. We already know that you are going to be an incredible mother! You will always have us! Thankyou for always being there for us as well!" Clinking glasses, her mom set up the game.

"Right ladies! Here's pens for all of you!"

Mom then gave us a piece of card each. It had questions on it.

"Ooo! This looks like fun!" Amanda smiled. As we all got the cards, we got a pen. "The questions sound funny!" Paige stated. "They do. I agree.' Ariel giggled too.

"Okay.. first question! Who had a feeling that Pheobe was pregnant first?" We all circled an answer. "5, 4, 3, 2,1!"

"The answer was.. Finn!" Amanda giggled. "He did figure it out quickly!' Olivia agreed. "I remember that clearly.' As we moved on to the next question, Amanda read it out...

"Who cried when they found out first?'

We all circled our answers..

"Right... what is the answer?" Faye looked at Nina and Alex. "The answer is Pheobe!!" We all cheered. "That is true. I did cry a little. I just wasn't expecting it. It was a lovely surprise."

As we continued to do the quiz, I got a text from Finn.

Hey beautiful! I hope that you're having the best time. I just wanted to check in and see if you and our little bug were okay. Xxx

He's just so sweet! Texting him back, Paige asked Ariel about Jason. "He's so attentive. The other day I was having a weird day and he rang me. He ressaured me." Amanda said that was sweet. "Jason is beyond lovely. What are you wearing for the formal dance?' She showed us a picture. "This dress is stunning! It will really suit you." Ariel smiled.

"You guys are so kind. Thanks Auntie Pheobe." Faye then cleared her throat. "Next question!' We all listened in..

"Who will spoil the baby the most?" We all giggled. "I've got some idea on who it may be!" Nina smiled. "I think it may be Finn." Alex piped up.

"That is correct!!!" Pheobe smiled.

(Alex's P.O.V)

As I sipped my wine, Tyler had texted me.

Hey Mom. I'm just checking in to see if you're okay. Xx

He was so kind. Bless him. I was worried about him. "So Alex, what's next on the agenda knowing that you're now single?' Nina looked at her. "Well, nothing really. I'm just going to focus on work. And the boys. I'm not so sure about getting back out there yet.' Nina said that was good. "Maybe.. in the future, we could set you up on a few blind dates!' My cheeks turned red. "What if I feel like I have too many issues?' Liv said that wouldn't be a problem. "I think that you're amazing.' I thanked her. "You are though."

As the night drew to a close, we took some photos. "Pose!' Ariel and Paige were so funny. "Say cheese!" We snapped a few more. Tonight was great. It was just what I needed.

(This was a quiz that I thought about regarding the baby brunch

(This was a quiz that I thought about regarding the baby brunch.)