Chapter 20♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

As I showered, I heard my phone bleep. It was Mom.

Are you alright sweetheart? I've just popped out. Your dad is back at work tomorrow. Xx

After my first session with Dad at therapy, things between me and him were getting better. He said that we would plan a trip away for us. It would help us bond. As I got out of the shower, I heard music from down the hall. Caleb was being a bit off at the moment. He seemed quiet. He was playing a rap song. As I dried my hair, I smiled to myself. A few months ago, I was willing to let myself go. Those thoughts have fully disappeared, but I'm much better now. Going into my bedroom, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Hey sis." Sitting on my bed, I asked her what was up. "Cece and I were talking and I got a text." Raising my eyebrows, Paige giggled. "Who is it frommm?" Ariel smiled. I kept quiet..

"It was from Jayden." I looked up at her. "What did he say?" She said that he asked her if she wanted to hang out. "That's not a bad thing. Do you like him?" I finished off my hair and sat down on my bed. "I don't. Not in that way. I've known him since I was 7." Ariel said that was true. "He's lovely. He's always making me laugh." My sister was blushing, but I didn't let on.

"Let's head downstairs and get the nail polish out." Going into the living room, I texted Mom back.

Sorry for the late reply Mom. Please don't worry. I'm all good. Me and Paige are going to chill. What are you doing?💛

"Let's see what colours we have!" Setting them out on the table, Ariel asked if I wanted to go first. "Yes please!"

Picking the purple shade, she started painting them. "What do you think is going on with our brother?" She said that she had no idea. "I can hear G Easy coming from upstairs." Giggling, Paige said she noticed that she'd seen a few energy drink cans laying around. "He's been drinking them like crazy. No wonder he's up later at night than us."

"Do you think something deeper is happening?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno." Hearing the door, we turned around. "Hey Mom." She smiled at us. "Hey girls!" She hugged us both. "So, what's in the bag?" Mom just giggled. "Time will tell." She then told us about the bridesmaids dresses.

"Ooo! Can we look?" She teased us. "No. All of us are going down to the dress shop tomorrow." Me and my sister squealed. As she finished off my nails, Mom asked us what the latest gossip was.

"Well.. Jessie and Billie are coming over tomorrow as you have your date with Dad in the evening." Mom blushed. "I've not picked an outfit yet." We gasped at the same time. 'Where is he taking you?"

She said the resturant was called Eleven Maddison Park. We both squealed. "That's romantic Mom!" Ariel smiled. "I know. Your father is really sweet."

"So

"So.. what were you two talking about?" We looked at one another. "I recieved a text from Jayden." Mom smiled. "And?" I felt my cheeks turn red.

"And nothing. I've known him since I was 7." Mom giggled. "Okay then babygirl." As she took her things upstairs, she asked how long the music had been playing. "It's been on for a while now. We think something is up with Caleb." Mom said that she'll talk to him.

(Caleb's P.O.V)

As I sat on my bed, I just listened to the song..

Got this flight to London, I ain't pop no Xanx for it. In case you're wondering, I ain't even plain for it. I just left LA, barely caught the plane.

Me. I'm just the same kid. Fucked around and made it.

"Caleb. It's me. Please turn it down sweetheart." I was going through something and Mom was interrupting.  I hated school. The only thing that I cared about was blocking out all the noise that was swirling around in my head. Looking at my bag in the corner of my bedroom, I unzipped it.   Getting another can out, I knocked it back. Wincing, I heard Mom..

"Hey babe. Are you on your way home? Cool. See you soon. Love you."

I just wanted to forget the fact that I was struggling. Putting my shoes on, all I could hear was silence. Zipping up my backpack, I opened my bedroom window. Texting Ari and Paige quickly.. jumping out, I headed towards the bus.

Deciding to just leave, I dialled the number..

"Hey. I need to come over. Please? Thanks. See you soon."

Authours Note:

So, this was a Caleb centric chapter!!!! With a dash of Paige and Ariel.♡ What do you think is going on with him? I'd love to know your opinions and theories!! It is verrry fun delving into his world now that he's a teenager..

Stay tuned!🥰

Lauren xxxx

(Caleb's outfit

(Caleb's outfit.)