Chapter 23♡

(Phoebe's P.O.V)

I was practically bored now. Our little girl so needed to arrive. Finn had slept really well. I on the other hand, had  been up a bit. Today was our appointment for my blood tests. I was scared. I was about 29 weeks now. Truthfully, I was scared about the test. What if something was wrong with our little angel? Putting my dressing gown on, I popped into her bedroom. It looked adorable. Mom had helped out lots. She was super excited to become a grandma. Her bedroom was adorable. Walking into it, I looked out of the window..

"I love you Pheebs." Finn kissed me. Turning to look at him, I smiled. "Me and this peanut love you too.' He stroked my cheek. "Thankyou." I tilted my head. "For what?" He said for giving him a child. "That's okay. You did half of the work too you know." We both giggled. Feeling his arms wrap around my bump, he placed his head on my shoulder. "We're going to be parents.." I blushed. "I know. I can't wait."

End of flashback..

"Hey Mom." She hugged me. "Morning sweetheart. How's my little angel?' Placing her hand on my stomach, she said a few words. "I hope that you know how loved you are.' I giggled. 'You are so cute Mamma.' She kissed my cheek. 'I have a present for you.' She got it from her bedside draw. I closed my eyes. 'Open.' I gasped. 'Mom.. this is beautiful!' Crying, she hugged me. 'It is. I just wanted to give you a small gift from myself.' Wiping my tears away, I actually said that I had something for her too. 'It's just a little appreciation from me and my man.' Giving her the bag, she looked in it. 'This is from me, Finn and our little peanut.' 

She cried a little bit as she looked in the bag. 'These presents are so lovely. Aw Phoebe.' She hugged me. 'I'm so pleased that you found Finn. I can tell that he loves you very much. I can tell that he really cares about you as well.' I said the same thing. 'He's the first person who was honest about how he felt. He's also very caring and considerate. He's a fantastic uncle and friend.' Mom  agreed. 'Right, I had better get ready for my appointment'. Heading into the bathroom, I took a look at my phone. The girls had left me sweet messages.. 

Olivia

Good luck for your blood test! I'm sure everything will be fine. Thinking of you x

Faye:

Good luck for your tests at the hospital. Thinking of you. See you soon. x

Nina

I'm wishing you luck for your appointment. xxx

Evie

Good luck for your appointment. I will hopefully see you again soon. x

Alex

Good luck at the hospital. Thinking of you xxx

Replying to them, I got undressed. Looking in the mirror, I was amazed at how much my body had changed. There was a small human inside of me. Getting in, I let the warm water run over my body. Finn was the sweetest. We had been partners for ages. Back then, we were just friends. It was nice having him as a mate. I was with someone else at the time, so when he admitted that he had feelings for me, it was easy because I had fallen out of love with the other guy. So, everything had worked out. Washing my face, I turned the shower off. Wrapping the towel around my body, I dried my hair. After doing that, I tied it up. Heading into our bedroom, I smiled. I hadn't felt ill which was good. I just craved sour sweets which was quite funny. Finn couldn't keep his hands off me so when I had the energy, we had intimacy which was amazing. He was gentle. Which only made me love him more. 'Baby, are you ready?' I shouted yes. Putting perfume on, I got my bag. Putting my phone, purse and keys in there. I got my shoes. Heading downstairs, Finn kissed me. 'You look beautiful.' I thanked him. 'I can drive today. ' I kissed him. 'That would be lovely.' 

Heading to the car, I felt a kick. 'Hey baby girl.' Getting in, I thought about how much my life was going to change. Would I like my body after giving birth? Seeing Finn, I sat up. 'Are you okay?' I reassured him. 'I'm fine.' As he drove, he spoke about how overprotective he was going to be, I giggled. 'You're too cute. I'm sure as she becomes older, you will be protective.' As we turned the corner, I saw the hospital. As Finn parked up, I took a deep breath. 'Hey.. everything will be okay. I've got you.' He was sweet. 'I know.' Going inside, we went upstairs. I went to go and book myself in, Finn looked at me. 'You're weird.' He giggled. Sitting next to him, I asked him if he was okay. 'About what?' I said the fact that our little bubba could have a difference. 'I'll love her no matter what." Putting my head on his shoulder, he took my hand. 'The ladies are so excited to become aunties. I'll love having that extra support.' As my name got called, we went inside. 

'Hi Phoebe. Hi Finn.' Dr Parker sat down at her desk. 'Hi.' She went over some details about the pregnancy and she asked if I had felt unusual or anything. 'Not really. Just lots of kicking.' The doctor giggled. 'That's normal.' As she prepped things for the blood tests, I felt sick. 'Hey.. hey..' Finn then got a sick bowl. 'Sorry. I just don't like needles.' Dr Parker then spoke through the differences that could show up on the results. 'So, your'e in the third trimester so 29 weeks is accurate.' As she put the gel on my stomach, I shuddered. 'It's so cold..' As Finn giggled, we saw her little feet, I cried. 'Look at those little toes.' Finn kissed my forehead. 'She's going to be a cutie like her mommy.' After the scan, Dr Parker then told me to sit down. 'You will feel a little pinch.' I winced. Finn squeezed my hand. 'All done.' I took a deep breath. 'So, the results should come through pretty quickly.  Thanking Dr Parker, she gave us a scan photo. 'How is your mental health?' I said that I felt fine. 'I am worried about one thing.' Dr Parker asked me what was bothering me. 'What are the possible differences that our little girl could have?' Dr Parker was honest. 'She could have a cleft lip. That's one possible difference.' Her computer then pinged. 

'Your results have come through.' Finn took my hand. 'They say that nothing is wrong. Your baby girl is completely healthy.' We both took a sigh of relief. 'Thankyou.' Dr Parker then told us that if I felt like anything was wrong, to come back. 'We will. Thankyou so much.' As we left, Finn kissed me. 

'Our baby is perfect.' I took a look at the scan photo. 'I'm so tired.' Finn suggested heading home. 'You can rest if you want and I'll make some dinner.' Heading home, Finn glanced at me. 'What?' 

He then said how lucky he was. 'I'm so blessed to have you in my life.' I said the same. 'I love you.' Taking his hand, I said that he was stuck with me. 

(Melinda's 1st present from Phoebe, Finn and the baby!)

(Melinda's 2nd present from Phoebe, Finn and the new baby!)

(Melinda's present for Phoebe!)