The Loss

( ??? P.O.V. )

I relaxing as I was walking down the street with my friends, we are a crew of 6: Lucas Souvelle, Khan Mikote, Nicolas Marksh, Johnathan Embrilo, Philip Jacosct, and me, Samuel River.

The six of us were always together, united as a crew would, but we never test our bond in friendship, since we grew up with together, we know each other like brothers would, but that was cut short when I was 7...
I had to move out due to my dad managing to hit a major job in a different city, and it was rather far from us, it was sad, but we promised each other that we will find each other...
And we did, when I was 12 my dad ironically returned here for a raise from that same job..

Right now I am 17 years old, I was at home, in the Ciudadde de la Coasta de la Palma, basically meaning "City of Palm Coast", we are not a massive city, like New York, but we are more than recognized on the map, we are the leaders of Music and Art Cultures, since that is what our city was founded on...
Imagine a lively city, but when it comes to terms like music, everyone plays music being either the same song, or different songs causing intense shockwaves, almost like an earthquake, so lets call them a Soundquake, every building was especially built with a special compound, having the properties of a solid brick house, and a bendable as plastic, so they can absorb the shockwave produced by any speaker nearby, even glass had that same effect, it was delicate but withstood stupid strong sound waves...

Right now I am walking home from a vey long a stressful day of school, having finished our exams for our first semester it is time for us to take it easy for a bit, we now have a week to relax before we go back to school...
"So what are you guys planning?" Lucas asked...
"Always the Hyper-energetic aren't ya?" John replied...
"Hey I like to live the high life, unlike you guys..."
"Si, but unlike you, I enjoy the simple pleasure..." Khan chimed in trying to stop thing from becoming a discussion...
"I like those other pleasures..." Nick said with a dumb face...
"Nick! Que inferno?! What's wrong with you?!" Philip said while smacking Nick on the back of his head, making him almost trip flat on the ground...
"OW! Relax, I'm joking... Tonto"
"Sure you're 'joking', the same way you joke with your weird body pillow..." I say while earning a laugh from everyone except for Nick...
"Hardy-Har-Har... Muy divertido..." He said not amused...
"Anyway, I'll see you all soon... I'll be in dreamland..." I said while going to my house...
"Ciao!" Lucas said as everybody now is going their own way...
I arrived home being quite tired, as I walk us the steps and unlocked the door, and I noticed the kitchen was lit, I walked through to the door that turned to the kitchen, I turn around ready for a fight only to see my mom on a robe holding a cup of tea...
"...."
"...."
"S-Sorry mom..."
"It's alright mijo, being careful is never something to be sorry for, but that doesn't mean that everything is safe..."
"Right, but what are you doing up this late?"
"Just having a midnight snack, want some?"
"No thanks, I'm just going to take a shower and hit the hay..."
"Alright then, good night Sam..."
"Night mom, don't stay up too late..."
I heard my mom chuckle a little bit and I head to my room for a shower...

*time skip*

After a good shower, I felt tired, and brushed my teeth and went straight to bed, just thinking on what I could do with my friends in the weekend...
But not before hearing something from the radio...
"New found species, animal like humanoid, at 6:00 PM a strange portal opened here at South Padre Island in Texas, governments are at a loss on what to do, few civilians have volunteered to be envoys to see what can we hope to find and see in the other side!" The Journalist says as a crowd was forming around them by the sounds of it...
'Anthros? Really? HA! Like hell they are real...' I said as I surrender myself to my bed's comfort...

*Time skip*

I woke up from my bed and found that I was still in my room, nothing happened, so that nonsense I heard yesterday night is a bunch of camelo...
I got dressed and went downstairs to eat my breakfast, and I saw mom and dad already there...
"Bon dia..." I said to them...
"Bon dia mijo, sleep well?" My dad asked...
"Yeah, reminding gracias a Dios it's Saturday, I can't handle another lecture from Mr. Stane, him and his communistic attitude..."
"Its a good thing that he is retiring soon, right mijo?"
"Yeah, did you hear the news? About that 'portal' opening?"
"That must be more delinquents up to some sort of prank..." my dad said as he held his cup tighter...
"Maybe but we can never be too sure..." my mom stopped my dad from break the fifth cup this month...
I didn't pay attention to what was happening and just took my plate off the table, and put it on the sink while rinsing it with water...
We moved to the living room to enjoy a little family time, then suddenly, we felt a shockwave come through the house, the house stood due to the special sound proof materials...
We however fell because we weren't ready, I went to look at the window to see what the hell was happening outside but the wall broke sending me flying back, I looked to the window that was now filled with dust and I saw the impossible, a fox anthro, having a grey fur with a white underside, at first glance it looked male-ish, having some weird futuristic armour...
I got up and ready for a fight and so did my parents, but it pounced on my dad and swatted my mom away, I decided to help by rushing it...
"Get away from my parents!" I yelled as I rushed the creature...
"Buzz of fly" the creature said while back handing me sending me to the nearby book shelf, it broke the shelves...
I fell off, and felt by right eye burn, I tried to get up but my back hurt, I wanted to move but the shelf tipped and fell on top of me and everything went dark...
"MIJO!" I heard my father yell before I lost everything...