Reinforcements

(Nick's P.O.V.)
I was walking with Sam towards the seemly endless halls to the armoury, and splitting up in this place, doesn't seem like a good idea...
The fact stands that we have no idea what happened here...
"It's strange no?" I started to talk to break the tension...
"Hm?" Sam asked in response to me talking...
"The fact that the base on the outside looks like it has been abandoned in years, while in reality, we just never removed the vines and now there are just holes everywhere along the outer walls..."
"I know hermano... Our poor base has suffered too much already..."
There was another silence between us till we saw the moonlight shine on the broken and dirty glass of the base...
"Vamos Nick, tenemos que acelerar el ritmo..." Sam said as he started to pick up the pace...
"Okay, Okay, Calma, no need to rush..." I said trying to make him not run away...
As we moved deeper into the base we finally reached a turn and were met with a awful smell..
"¡Dios mío Nick! ¿¡Qué comiste!?" Sam almost yell at me due to the unbearable odour
"No fui yo tonto!" I almost yelled back at Sam...
We just tried to ignore the smell and continued to turn to the corridor that led straight into the Armoury, that ironically had a vault door protecting it, but it was pitch black that I could almost not see my hand infront of me, Sam took out a flashlight that he took from his home I think? And lit the way, and we were met with a beyond gruesome sight...
Bodies littered the hall, blood on the walls, having all been shot, slashed or ripped to shreds...
Sam walked to the nearest body, it had no head and most of the uniform was bloody, he crouched infront of the body and started to feel it's chest, I immediately panicked since they always assumed that I would be the one to do that...
"Sam! Que Demonios-"
"Calma! It ain't THAT, I'm feeling for something..."
"Oh sí... 'you're feeling for something' you guys would blame me to do instead here we are!"
"Not that Tonto, besides, I found what I was looking for..." Sam said as he went around the neck, and pulled out a bloody dog tag, he brought it closer to me and wiped the blood infront of the owner's name and it red: JAVIER JAERMER, MAY 23 2004...
He would've turned 43 this year, he was the one who taught us how to use guns and what type of gun best suited each of us...
I looked at Sam and it scared me from what I saw, his face had a dull expression, even with that healing pad on his eye, he looked like he would slaughter anything, in sight...

(Sam's P.O.V.)
I held the tag and put it in my pocket...
As I stood, and I heard lighting so I looked at the window and saw rain started to pour down, it seems like the weather is with us today...
"Sam?" Nick called for me in a almost scared tone...
"Come on Nick, let's get their tags after we got our gear and wear it, we can get it to the others later..." I said as I started to make my way through the bodies and to the vault's entrance...
I looked and saw the vault's door was off its hinges and inside the armoury, but the door seemed like it was punched open...
These animals' strength is ridículo, punching a 3 inch steel vault door off its hinges is too much power, even for a machine that's not an easy task...
I stepped inside the armoury and it was almost no different than in the hall... Bodies littered the place, and most of the weapons were trashed completely, I saw a an AK-47 near my foot, I reached and picked it up, but as soon as I held on with both hands, the thing just fell apart...
"No es bueno... The guns here are all banged up so bad they just turned to scrap..."
"How about rebuilding them?"
"I don't think its a good idea, we don't have all the parts for half of them and the knowledge to build them..."
"Yeah, but we can learn... What if we-"
"SHHHH, quieto!"
"Que!?"
"Mira..."
I saw a shadow in the open door that is the security room and I also heard a 'squish squish' sound, like meat being ripped apart...
When I heard this, I felt nothing but anger, I pulled out my pistol and flashlight and pointed at the base of the door, and saw I tail retreat, I rushed to the front of the door holding my pistol firm and at the shadow and I saw a wild coyote on top of another body, it's mouth was bloodied and it was snarling at me, it is probably trying to make me back off form it's kill, I don't know what came over me but I just shot the thing as it let out a whimper...
"Sam! Que carajo hermano!? ¡¿Quieres que esas cosas estén encima de nosotros?!"
"Lo siento, pero no pude resistirme."
It was now dead and I just kicked it's body away to see what it was eating and I saw something that made me drop my pistol...