Track-Change

(Samuel's P.O.V.)

It's been about 3 months since we killed that anthro platoon in the mall...
Fate has smiled on us, we have started to make our mark, and the anthros knows of our existence here...
We managed to get a few new toys also...

My Barracuda...

Lucas' Fairlady

Khan's Charger

Phillip's Carrera

Nick's Firebird

And John's Camaro

It's how we managed to think stay in business for so long...
And our responsibilities only grew...
We were transporting goods to one of our hideouts, but it wasn't only our hide out...

We made sure to check our surroundings and turned a corner before we got inside a underground garage

We made our way to the deepest park of the lot, and then turned my engine off...
"Alright guys, let's get this going, before we get caught or whatnot..." I said to the guys...
"Alright 'boss', if you could help, it would be awesome..." Nick said annoyed...
"What's got with you hermano? He seems as angry as a Chihuahua..." Lucas asked as he went to John's truck...
"No me hamar de un Chihuahua!" Nick replied rather annoyed...
"Cálmate los todos! Let's get these supplies to them and then you can lose your patience..." John said as he got on his truck bed and handed Lucas and Khan a wooden crate...
We all quieted down and carried the crates to an secluded entrance, and once we arrived Nick knocked with his feet to get the attention of the door keep, and as if on cue the door keep opened a little door to look at us...
"Open up Kev" Nick said as he got closer to the door...
"Password." Was the only thing he said before going quiet...
"Unidad" Nick said as the door unlocked and let us in...
"Welcome back everyone..." Ryan, one of our people said as he opened the door for us...
"Good to be back, how is everyone holding up?"
"As best we can, the pequenos are picky with their food again..."
"Well we managed to get a few candies, if we can convince them to eat their verdes for a piece of candy, then it's enough..."
"Alright I'll get everything ready..."
"Don't run Ryan you'll-"
"AH! *thud* I'm alright..."
"-fall..."
We continued to walk down the stairs and finally arrived at our bunker...
In case that the country was under attack, there were 6 bunkers for all of the country to access, however, when we went to see the other bunkers, 2 empty and 3 in rubble...
Only 1 had anyone in there, and we managed to house about 1,000 kids from all the rubble of our country, and with almost all of them being 6-11, and a few being 13-17, me and the rest of the squad were the eldest with 4 others...
Feeding 1,000 kids was tough, but we had enough food in stock to last a while, but it was easily getting consumed by some mysterious midnight snacker... Making me and the others to have to hunt down food in the rubble of the city...
As the kid saw us, they were happy since we all managed to help them, most of them were either found in a dark spot hiding, saved from being killed or were here from the beginning...
"Sam! Sam! Come here! Let's play!" One of the kids said as they all started tugging me towards their play area...
"Calma everyone, I know you want to play, but I have to get back to work, this is just a quick visit, alright..."
"Awww... Come on... Por favor!"
"We want to chicos, but we can't, but we promise to bring some toys next time kay?" John said as he kneeled and patted some of the kid's heads...
"Okay..."
"Sorry..." Lucas said as he picked up one of the kids and held them...
"Lucas, come on, we need to start the meeting..." I said while going to a stair way...
"Alright..." Lucas said as he put the kids down and rushed to catch-up to me in the stairs...
We started to climb a lot of stairs, since this bunker was built on top of a business office building we had access to the top of a building, and we used the top to meet with our 4 other leaders, however, the elevator is broken, so the stairs it is...
We arrived at the final 36th floor of the building having an office, and us sitting wherever we sit...
Our leading group being made by me, Lucas, Phillip, Khan, John, Nick, Macy, Stephanie, Ryan and Jacob...
"Macy..." I said...
"Sam..." she replied...
"Ryan..." Lucas said..
"Can we stop it and get down to business?" Jacob said as he sat down at a desk knocking the computer and the rest of stuff on it down...
"Can you try to be more careful, this equipment is scarce, we don't have many of these still working..." Phill said as he sat on a chair...
"So what? Is not like we can use them, the grid is down..."
"Funny you should mention that, the other day I came here and did a little research and they were working just fine... The grid ain't off-line Jacob, quit acting, estupido..." Lucas as a annoyed grunt came from Jacob...
"Alright, down to the topic: How are things here?" John said changing the subject of the conversation...
"They're calm for right now... but we still have to deal with the guy or girl that keeps sneaking in and out of the food storage, it's creating a lot of angry little stumps, now... we need to be very carful..." Macy said as she laid back on her chair...
"Can't you guys do more deliveries? It would actually help to have some emergency food..." Stephanie said as she leaned on a table...
"True but we can't only be doing deliveries, we have to fight back as well..." I mentioned...
"So get some of them to fight, there, problem solved..." Jacob just blurted out...
"They are just children, Jacob! And further more, even if we did make them want to fight for us, they would defy us bossing them around and also add, we don't have weapons and ammo to spare them to use!"
"Hijo de la- then just give them your pistols, and there, done!"
"You're ignoring the point! They have no training! They don't even know the fucking basics! Leave them alone, I'm not dragging kids that are terrified of those things just because you want more food and space for yourself!"
"You're forgetting Samuel, I'm your prime minister! And I-"