Last Chance

(Ahren's PO.V.)

I was told to watch over Phillip...
After what Cervina told Samuel and Johnathan, with him telling the others, all the humans in our care went into a solitary sort of state, they were barely eating, they didn't talk to anyone, even themselves, they were all practically falling apart...
Each of the Generals that interacted with them were told to watch over them, that meant that I had to watch over Phillip...
I viewed him through a hole screen on my home established on Earth...
"Love! Dinner will be ready!" My mate called me...
"I'll be down there..." I responded to her as I turned back to the screen...
I shut off the screen as I went down the stairs to my lovely mate...

(Just imagine she would have clothes Kay?)

"You have been working for too long, what has happened?"
"Well love-"
"Dad!" I hear a tiny voice running back as I also heard pitter pater behind me, I looked and saw my chick running...

( I don't have a picture of him, so I'll see to that as soon as possible, but also I basically forgot to mention this before, unlike the pictures, their wings are not on their arms, its on their backs, but it was as best as I could find, art is owned by their respective artist)

I walked to him as he tripped and caught him in time before he fell...
"Careful there, you're still getting used to your wings being full of feathers..." I said as I held him up...
"Sorry.." He said while folding his wings in...
"It's nothing to be sorry for..."
"Also, I wanted to ask, when are you going to be able to teach me how to fly?" He said excited..
"I'm afraid it will have to wait for a while..." I said while folding my own wings in, and him changing his excited face to one of sadness...
"Why?" He asked starting to be disappointed...
"Work, my child..."
He kept his head down sad on these news, but there is nothing can do about it...
"I promise, you will learn how to fly, but it will have to wait just a little longer..."
"Alright..."
"I'm sorry..."
"I'll wait..."
"Thank you, now go eat your dinner before it gets cold..."
"I will..." he said as he dropped over the floor...
My mate pulled me away to talk to me, and I could already tell she was not happy...
"This is the third time you have changed his flying training... What is it this time? More hours?"
"Humans."
She was struck by this fact and scared her...
"H-Humans... Ahren, tell me please, don't go into another battlefield..." she said becoming more worried...
"No-no-no-no... These humans are... safe... don't worry..."
"Just please don't get hurt..."
"I won't... now let eat..." I said as I motioned her to the table and we started eating...

(Cervina's P.O.V.)
I stood by Samuel's cell...
Watching him...
He didn't do anything, the cell's door was open, but he didn't move even if anyone came close to him...
"Samuel, you need to eat..." I said as I tried to implore with him...
"No... I don't..." he said plainly...
"You do... here..." I said as I slid a tray of food to him, he just looked at it and just picked up the tray and slowly started to eat it...
'He is not even checking or doubting if it is poisoned... How much did that discovery break you?' I asked myself as I watched continue him eating...
He finished and just put the tray beside him and pushed it towards me...
"Do you want more?"
"No, gracias though..." he said to me, normally I would be happy that he finally said it to me, but this dead look in his eyes just doesn't have any value...
I got up and left and I see Chloe walking my way...
"Cervina, how is he?" She asked...
"The same Chloe, alive on the outside, but dead on the inside..."
"Well, he will have to be alive, call him out, Johnathan will join him..."
"On what?"
"An interrogation at room 9B..." she said as I had enough of it...
"Haven't they already suffered enough Chloe? DO they need to suffer more than what they already have?"
"No, this is just pure questions, no shock-collars, no retrains whatsoever, just basic simple question asking and answering, if they want to answer that question that is..."
"Alright..." I said as I put the tray on top somewhere and I started to walk back towards Samuel, he was still in that exact same spot...
"Come with me Samuel, there is something I need to discuss with you..."
"What do you need to know? I'm a failure of a elite soldier, I am one of the last human remnants on Earth, and you want me to be your servant..."
"Samuel, that is not what I-"
"Let's just get it over with... Prefiero morir con dignidad que arrepentirme..." he said as he got up and just waited to follow me...
I decided to just go on, so that he would just answer whatever questions Chloe had, but I hated seeing him in his state...
He still had some spirit... However, I want it to flourish, not die like it is now...
Before I noticed, we arrived at the room Chloe said to meet, as soon as the door opened, and as soon as Samuel saw Johnathan, I saw a slight hint of emotion, they both went to each other and just embraced each other in their arms...
The room had Adelina and Chloe, and a holo-phone on the table...
Till I hear Chloe clear her throat...
"Sorry to interrupt, but I need to ask you two a few questions..."
"Fine... What do you want to know?" Johnathan said as he kept his face with that same dead look...
"Firstly where is your camp's location, I know you need to help all those children you managed to save during the... wrong doing of the invasion... with that being said, I want to enter in contact with your superiors at once..."
"Our... Superiors?" Samuel replied in confusion...
"Yes, Samuel, I know we are asking something outside of our own rights, but-"
"We don't have any..." Samuel was quick to interrupt me...
"Pardon?" Chloe asked as she was too confused...
"We don't have any..." he said it again...
"You said you did back then, what has changed?"
"Where's our equipment?"
"Answer the question Samuel." Chloe pursued him on an answer...
"And I can answer, if you give our equipment, our helmet pieces specifically..."
" *sigh* will it?"
"It will."
"If this is a game Samuel, I will not be happy..." she reached for the phone and called some of her troops...
Soon a soldier came with both Samuel's and Johnathan's helmets and handed it to them as the soldier took his leave...
They both placed them on their laps and face took a piece off of it...
"What are you doing?" Adelina asked them she slowly reached for her weapon on her belt...
"Proving a point General..." Samuel said as he faced Johnathan...
"Which one do we do?" Johnathan replied as they put on the masks...
"After the second ambush 3 weeks back..."
"Okay..." they said as they reach behind their jaws, pushing buttons...