Chapter 3.1: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery

Warning

Warning. Sexual content ahead. You have been warned.

"I'm glad you're doing fine, Shounen." She greet me with a playful tone while I answered her monotonously.

"Me too. Looks like DEM are so kind to take a good care for a traitor like you."

Once again, Honjo-san and I met not as a friend but as a hostile one. I lost contact to her after we had conversation last time at my previous apartment. I've been worried since then but I'm so stupid to realize it late that she came back to DEM and betrayed me. It is completely unexpected. Perhaps she saw something in her Rasiel and decided to play as a villain.

Nevertheless, it is still doesn't change the fact that she switched sides. She knows too much about me so I should dispose her before she could spill the beans unto them.

"Are you perhaps thinking of disposing me?" She asked as if she can read my mind.

Although Honjo-san is correct about that, reading someone's mind is not her ability. She probably took a peek into the future and guessed what's on my mind base on what she saw.

Because of my companions' presence, my options are limited. I can't do something reckless because if I do, they might get suspicious of me. I want that to avoid as much as possible to lessen unnecessary problems. Afterall, my plates are already full and I can't afford to add more.

Tokisaki-san and others are just watching us in silence, probably trying to assess the situation. If this goes any more longer, there's no doubt it will affect my plans and might plant seeds of doubts. I need to finish this as soon as possible.

Honjo-san is a formidable enemy due to her Rasiel. She's someone you can't just kill easily. Under normal circumstances, I want to avoid engaging a fight against her but as long as I play my cards right, I can atleast repel her away.

Minutes had passed and no one is still uttering a single word, trying to watch each other's movement. The tension between us is building up as the atmosphere is getting heavier. A fight might break out at any moment and we are already prepared to the consequences of our actions. Although we outnumbered her, I know to myself that the odds is still in her favor.

When I was about to call Chronos from its deep slumber, she suddenly spoke.

"I don't think we actually need to fight each other. I'm just here to relay a message." I keep my silence as I wait for her to continue. "I'll meet you again soon, Murasaki."

*****

After what happened in the water park, Honjo-san left as soon as she relayed the message without uttering a single word to us. I managed to convince others from letting her go knowing how dangerous she is and the casualties she might cause.

Tobiichi-san is currently being detained in the headquarters and has been confiscated her Realizer after running amok. She's now being asked some questions by Kotori but Tobiichi-san is so stubborn and keeping her mouth shut tight.