Chapter 3.3: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery

A/N: Climax is here! I'm actually excited while writing this part! Also, I apologize for those who fallen into my prank earlier, hahahaha! Bleh!

My memories are all fuzzy. I don't remember what happened nor where I'm currently was. All I know is the moment I woke up, I'm surrounded by a pile of corpse, lying lifelessly around in the floor, and rubbles through the entire place.

As I walk aimlessly in the place that once a lively mall and now a deserted ruins filled with darkness, I suddenly remembered everything. I quickly run as fast as I could to find a certain person, but reality is very cruel than I thought. It was already too late. Unlike other protagonist who have their own plot armor, I'm just a mere side character in this story.

A pathetic me who have no other choice but to utter her name in distance.

".....Yoshino."

*****

"Y/N-kun? Hello? What's the matter? You suddenly went silent." As Tokisaki-san wave her hand in front of my face, I was caught off guard to her sudden question and so I replied slightly stuttering.

"A-ah no, it's nothing."

What was that weird dream I saw just now? Am I hallucinating or perhaps daydreaming? No, it feels so real to be just an imagination. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Are you okay? If you're not feeling well, should we go home already?" She asked worriedly.

"Thanks for your concern but it was really nothing." I composed myself and smiled, assuring her that everything is alright.

I can't just ignore what happened. My instincts are screaming, telling me to get away from here as quickly and far as possible, but looking at Yoshino right now, I can't afford to ruin her happiness. She used to be alone and fighting for her life all by herself. That must sad and lonely. I somehow sympathize her because I were once in the same position as her before.

I'll make this kid happy. I'll try my best to fill the holes in her heart even though just a bit. I'll become her parent, treat her like my own daughter, spoil her, cuddle her, and give her the affection she need. I won't let her end up like me.

I'll take back all the smile they stole from her. In that way, will I be able to redeem myself for the sin I'm about to make?

*****

"Okaa-san.... Okaa-san.... Okaa-san...." I held my head as I repeatedly call her name.

Seven nights has already been passed since the last time I saw my mom. I was currently alone inside the patient room, crying faintly while covering myself with a blanket. The whole place is shrouded by darkness but thanks to the light coming from the gibbous moon, the room wasn't completely filled with gloominess.