Chapter 3.5: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery

A/N: I thought at first this chapter will only having four to five parts, but my guess is wrong

A/N: I thought at first this chapter will only having four to five parts, but my guess is wrong. I want the fighting scene to be more detailed. There's a reason for doing such things. With that in mind, this chapter might take seven parts.

Arriving at the battlefield, the skirmish began. Me and Nii-san separates Nightmare and the what so they call, Shinigami, according to what her clones said, away from each other. In that way, we will be able to build our footing, earning us a lot of possible option throughout the clash. With just an eye contact, we both understand what the other means. Communication is necessary in the battlefield, that's why it's very convenient and assuring to have a partner like him.

Nii-san occupied the Shinigami, stalling time for us. Although he isn't that strong yet to be able to take one down, he is still enough to hold a spirit in a certain period amount of time. As the duel continues, the mall began to collapse due to the shockwave each and everytime their blade collides. Not wasting anymore second, I gave Nightmare a short exchange and joined Nii-san afterwards.

I feel a little bit guilty for using him as a bait, but we are currently in the battlefield. Unnecessary emotion may cause your downfall. Nii-san understood it well that's why despite knowing the danger, he accepts his role without complain. Emotions doesn't matter if life is in the line.

Using my Mechanical Jaw equipped onto my left arm, I started shooting barrage of beams at the enemy to provide support. Disrupting Shinigami's movement, Nii-san gain an upperhand. He swung his sword aiming into her neck, which she replied by spinning her body horizontally up in the air, and delivers a counter kick.

"GUUKKH!"

He got hit in his cheeks, twisting his head as he made a deep throated sound emitted involuntarily under pressure of severe pain. Using my Territory, I engage into a close combat range and I was able to short the distance between us with my high-speed movement. I slash my Wolftail, a blade that has been equiped into my Vanargandr, at her direction, but she just easily dodge it by tumbling backwards using her gymnastic skills.

"HUFF!"

Her nimble movement adding her extreme body maneuver that can make her move with beyond comprehension stunts is making her exceedingly formidable. No doubt, Shinigami is above in many layers compared to Nightmare. After analyzing the difficulty, I called my Nii-san to check his condition. Although I hate to say this, if not only he is a good bait, he will just drag me down.

"Nii-san."

Even though he tried so hard to hid, I know Nii-san is starting to get exhausted. He breathe slower than usual, showing that he is trying to make it look like normal for me to avoid getting worried, and his hand began losing grip. He's too considerate. Dragging the battle for too long is definitely not a good idea.

"Don't worry about me. I'm alright. More importantly, you've been analysing her attack pattern, right? Have you noticed something?"

An experienced soldier will analyze the battlefield first before engaging to gain advantage, that includes the weather. Because of the strong wind due to the current storm, we won't be able to move freely and do complicated maneuver as we usually do to our extent. Not to mention, rain droplets and mist are decreasing our visual capabilities, lowering our overall prowess.