35

[3RD POV]

The rain stopped, the cloudy sky disappeared. As if it's showing a glimpse of hope, a new beginning.

The Deites... won and survived.

A celebration, indeed.

Sa parehong pagkakataon na pinoproseso nila ang pagkapanalo at ang pagkaligtas, sa hindi kalayuan ay ang dalawang Gifted na kaswal na naglalakad, na para bang walang nangyari. Despite the other one saying that they need to go ASAP, they're taking their time walking right now.

The difference between their heights are visible. Despite the huge difference of their age, the older one is way shorter. The way they talked and faced each other earlier feels like they're not in good terms... but in fact, it was the opposite.

Eyes in front, frowning. Heart who looks like a doll compare to Dias, is still bitter.

"Rascal, sinadya mo 'yon," inis na aniya sa kasama.

Napasulyap sa kaniya si Dias habang naglalakad, sinundan ng mahinang pagtawa. "And yet, you let me." He chuckled, irritating Heart more.

"How did you find out she was there?"

"I didn't, it was just a mere coincidence."

Heart rolled her eyes. "You didn't let me had the chance to at least avenge my King and Queen."

Dias smirked. "I didn't know you was such a kindhearted person, Heart."

Iritadong humarap sa kaniya ang kausap niya at madiin siyang hinampas. "Shut up, fucker!" She pouted like a kid. "I can always get new ones... but I liked those two. It will be hard to replace them."

Umangat ang dalawang kamay ni Dias at nilagay niya sa ito sa kaniyang batok. "Well... I'm sorry about that, I moved without thinking... you know." Suddenly, he remembered her face.

It was his first time meeting her, but he knew a lot about her. After all... he heard so much about her, from him.

The person who Dias considered as a father from the association. The person who saved him before, and one of the Big shots.

"That old man, Alejo... really treasured his niece."

He reminisced, an unforgettable memory flashed in his mind.

Isang matalim at kumikinang na palaso ang nakatutok sa leeg ng isang bata. Isang bata na tinuring na sakit sa mata at problema. He was an orphan, trying to survive alone. But luck wasn't on his side, when he tried to ambush a group of people, hoping to get some money for food.

But it turns out, it wasn't just a group of 'people', but gifteds.

It was Dias' first time meeting... the Big Shots.

Hindi sila makararamdam ng awa, kahit sa isa pang bata. Kaya madali lang nilang magagawa... ang pagpaslang sa walang kamuwang-muwang.

Agila, who's holding the arrow, ready to stab the boy's neck, was stopped by a voice...

"Wait."

He, who was the same as them... but at the same time, not, stopped Agila from killing Dias. Normally, he wouldn't care, he wouldn't even be bothered seeing a boy get killed in front of him.

But coincidentally... his niece just got born... and Dias' brown eyes... reminded him of her.

He looked down on him, their eyes met.

"Let him live for now... let's see if he'll have some use. Kung wala, tsaka niyo tapusin."

It wasn't even an act of kindness, nor words of hope. But for Dias, who was only a kid, it was something that saved his life. And it didn't ended there.