70

[3RD POV]

At the same time as the ambush happens in the academy, in a familiar town, in front of a familiar mansion, two carriages are parked. Napalilibutan ng nagsisilakihang mga puno ang mansyon kung saan ang nag-iisang lugar na patag ang lupa. Nakahinto ang dalawang karwahe. Walang tao sa una, pero may lima na nakaupo sa pangalawa.

Principal Bora and the others, successfully took Principal Helena home. Him, together with his grandchildren, went inside Helena's mansion with her, leaving the others at the carriage.

Law, Elroy, Lemon, August . . . and Joker.

The small 4 corner space made the tension grew fast. With Law and Elroy, the cat sitting on his lap, are next to each other, and August, Lemon, and Joker are in front of them, also sitting next to each other, the atmosphere went heavier.

Hindi sila magkakatabi, pero nasa iisang tao lang ang mga tingin nila.

Na kay Joker.

While the Grim Reapers are looking at her full of judgement, Joker remained emotionless with her lips curved, eyes wide as if she's looking at the person's soul in front of her— Law.

"T-They sure are taking so long," pagbabasag ni August sa katahimikan. Napatikhim siya at sumulyap sa pintuan ng karwahe.

Hindi natigil ang staring contest ni Law at ni Joker. Parang nag-uusap sila gamit ang mga mata, hanggang sa may magsalita na.

"Oi, oi. You knew, right?" Law started the conversation, he got everyone's attention except the person he's talking too.

They looked at him, confused. Except for Joker who knows what he's talking about. From her emotionless face, for the first time since they've been here, she showed her menacing look, eyes full of amusement as her lips curved into a grin.

"Of course." She didn't hesitate.

Law can't read her at all. Hindi niya mawari kung ano ang totoong mukha sa mga pinapakita ni Joker.

"H-Hey, what are you talking about?" nagtatakang tanong ni Lemon.

Hindi kaagad kumibo si Law, pero hindi niya tinago ang alam niya. Kumuyom ang kamao niya at napakagat siya sa ibabang labi.

"That Gin . . . is alive."

Hindi nila naproseso kaagad ang narinig. Pare-parehong namilog ang mga mata nila maliban sa dalawang matalim ang tingin sa isa't isa. Nagtutubig ang mga mata ni August sa narinig at hindi makapaniwalang nakatingin si Elroy kay Law.

"W-What?" August gasped.

"The principal had her reason . . . but Gin, Gin is alive," pag-uulit ni Law.

Hindi pa nagagawang mag-react ng mga kasama niya ay natawa na si Joker. Hawak-hawak nito ang tyan niya.

Just like a child's laugh, it sounds like innocent and sincere. Except that it's not.

"He just got lucky, very lucky," ani Joker. Napapunas pa siya sa mata niya na para bang naluha siya katatawa. "He faced Alas, our greatest warrior. He's the Underground Association's alas. No one fought him and lived before."

Joker rested her chin on the window next to her, with the moonlight touching her face, she showed a smirk. "Gin has no chance against him. Alas will conquer the field, he'll run the war. He'll go after the strongest— Bora Portugal, and he'll most likely win."

The moment she mentioned the war, the temperature dropped. Nanlamig si Law. Even though he's been through the battle field dozens, even hundred of times before, this war is different.

It would be the biggest, and could be the last war he'll ever been to.

Kahit ang mga kasama niya ay naging alerto at nagbago ang mga ekspresyon. Alam nilang lahat ang papasukin nila, at alam nilang hindi ito basta-basta.

It's a big deal to talk about it, but to Joker, she made it seem like she's just telling a joke. For the nth time, her tone changed.

She tilted her head, face still has the teasing expression. "Unless, of course . . . the Judge comes back."

Just like that, from the cold temperature, it suddenly became hot. They were all taken aback. They all felt a burning sensation. Pare-pareho ang mga iniisip ng mga Grim Reapers, pare-pareho sila ng gustong malaman.

'Just who is the Judge?'

No one among them have met him before, none knows about him. None except Joker.

"With him back, it can change the percentage of your chance to win."

Their curiosity are killing them. They want to know more, to know more about the gifted who they haven't seen before but heard dozens of time.

Naningkit ang mga mata ni Law. "Oi, oi. Just how can a one gifted change the tides of the war?" tanong niya.

"Isn't he just a myth?" dagdag ni Elroy. "I've only heard about him before, but no one really saw or know him."

Joker chuckled. "Him? A myth? Ha! Even I, who haven't seen even his shadow, know he exists!"

"But if he's so great, then why isn't he here? Why isn't he one of the officials? Bakit wala pang nakakita sa kaniya? O sa madaling salita, bakit hindi siya nagpapakita?" sunod-sunod na tanong ni August.

Mas lalong napangisi si Joker. She can imagine it. She can imagine his silhouette in the war, at the top of dozens of dead bodies.

She haven't met him, she haven't seen even a glimpse of him. But she knows, she knows the color of his hair, she knows how he stamp around the world where everyone who sees him looks up on him. She knows the symbols of ink written on his body, the color of his eyes and how it changes when he uses his gift.

Joker knows . . . knows how great the Judge— Cross Portugal, son of the greatest criminal and strongest woman in her generation is. 

Naningkit na ang mga mata niya dahil sa lawak ng ngisi na meron siya.

"Are you curious?" May halong pang-aasar at pag-aaya ang tono ng boses niya.

"Do you want me to tell you . . . about the mortal that was honored by the heavens, the perfect being?"

CHAPTER 70
Just a Myth