74

[3RD POV]

In the middle of the forest, there's a cabin that no one notices. Maliban sa kakaunti lang ang dumadaan sa kagubatan na 'yon, malayo ito sa daanan kaya wala ring nakapapansin. But as someone who got a map ang knew that there's a place in that spot, Red and the others successfully found the hidden cabin.

But they weren't successful in finding the owner.

Ilang katok ang lumipas, ilang pagsilip sa loob, ngunit wala silang napala.

"Guess what, I have a theory," a woman said, her arms crossed. Chain who had heard that phrase for the nth time in the past hours rolled his eyes. Mimi continued, "either no one's inside, or no one's inside," sarkastikong dagdag niya.

Van on the other hand, who's busy flirting with Iris chuckled. "No shit, we're just wasting our time."

Hindi sumagot si Chain, bagkus ay nalipat ang tingin niya sa kuya niyang kanina pa sa tapat ng pinto at hindi nawawalan ng pag-asa na bumukas ito. He knows that, he doesn't feel any presence at all inside. Even though the door is closed and they haven't entered yet, it's obvious that's no one inside.

"Should I open it?" Pagsali sa usapan ng isang boses. Nalipat ang tingin ni Chain sa lalaking lumapit kay Red, seryosong nakatingin dito na may halong pag-alala.

Red didn't glance at Acel as he shook his head, his eyes were still in front of the door. "No, we'll wait," he calmly said.

Mimi sighed, hearing this. Napagdesisyunan niyang ituon na muna sa iba ang atensyon. Her eyes roamed around the forest, she had countless theories now. While the others were busy focusing on the cabin or one another, something caught her attention.

Hindi gaano kalakas, pero narinig niya dahil nasa gubat ang atensyon niya. A roar.

Now, it's not rare to hear a roar in the forest, but based on the roar she've heard, she's certain that it came from a lion. Kaagad na nagbago ang mga mata niya, tila awtomatikong ginamit ang gift dahil sa sitwasyon. Her sudden change of expression caught Ivan's attention who stopped softly chuckling with his lover.

He glanced at Mimi who was suddenly quiet, using her gift. "What's wrong?" aniya na nakakuha ng atensyon ng lahat. Maliban kay Red na natiling nakatingin sa pinto pero nakikinig, lahat ng atensyon ay napunta kay Mimi.

"Woi, what's up?" kunot noong ani Chain.

Hindi kaagad sumagot si Mimi. "I . . . have another theory."

Ubos na ang pasensya ni Chain sa paulit-ulit niyang sinasabi, pero bago pa man siya sumagot ay nagsalita ulit si Mimi na nagpatigil sa kaniya.

"Did you hear that? There's . . . a lion here."

Everyone stopped, trying to hear what she'd mentioned, but no one heard a roar again.

"I mean, is there something new? It's possible there's a lion here," sagot ni Ivan.

Umiling si Mimi. She knows that lions can be seen there, though they don't live in the forest or jungle. 

"But I haven't seen one animal when we're walking, not one. This might be hidden, but this forest is not wilderness." Still serious, she explained.

Sinawalang bahala ni Ivan ang sinabi niya, napapailing na winasiwas ang kamay. It's not new, that's just how Mimi reacts to everything, there's a reason why she's a theorist. 'She's making things complicated' is what he is thinking.

Pero hindi nagpatinag si Mimi, mas lalo siyang nahinto nang makarinig ulit ng kung ano. This time, it wasn't a roar, but a peal call. Her eyes went up, looking for the bird she've heard but nothing. Napalunok siya nang malalim.

"There are no preys here . . . " she mumbled. She then glanced behind her where the others were looking at her weirdly. "Nothing but us . . ."

'Why would a predator be there when there's no food?'

"Mimi, you're overthinking it," Ivan said. But it didn't last a minute before he knew that she was in fact, not overthinking it.

They all heard a branch break, and at the same time just for a second, the sky darkened when huge wings almost covered it. On the ground, staring at them, are big golden eyes ready to devour what they see. Sitting on a big tree, looking down at them, are same golden eyes ready to break anyone's neck.

Both creatures are thrice of their sizes. No one dared to make a sound as they all exchanged glances, the tension was eating them alive as the pressure kept getting heavier and heavier. Until Mimi stepped back and a leaf crunched.

A Nemean lion and a Caucasian eagle . . . both children of Typhon.

"Move," Red's cold voice shattered the ice-cold tension. Like an automatic response, everyone's eyes changed.

Kasabay into ay ang paglabas ng alulong at matinis na tunog ng dalawang nilalang na nasa harapan nila. 

Lumabas ang mga dugo sa likuran ni Chain, bumubuo ng pakpak, kay Acel ay lason. Kahit walang salitang binabanggit, tila kusa silang nagkaintindihan na sila ang magpapapain sa malaking agila.

"Mimi!" As if like a light toy, with his blood as rope, Chain took Mimi in the air with them.

Iris on the other hand, immediately released spider webs, her gift, hoping it would slow the nemean's movement. But with its golden fur that is almost invincible, it didn't do anything.

She wanted to cover for Ivan, whose gift is not for fighting. It was Red who stood up in front of them.

"Come on, babe. I'm not the damsel in distress here," Ivan jokingly said without breaking eye contact with the nemean. Nervousness is visible on his face, but he still manages to show a smirk.

"Baby, we know that I love you because of your brains, not your strength," Iris seductively answered, also looking at the nemean.

"Now, now, love birds." Pagsali ni Red sa kanila, nakatalikod. "Iris, support me. Glutton, use your head, and don't be a burden. Make something that could kill that lion without me cursing this whole forest," maawtoridad niyang utos.

Kumunot ang noo ni Ivan, parang isang biro ang narinig. "Hey, you want me to make a weapon? No weapon could hurt a nemean," mapang-asar na tonong aniya, pero seryoso ang gustong iparating.

Red didn't answer immediately, observing the lion that was getting ready to attack. A nemean, a lion with golden fur, couldn't be hurt by just an ordinary weapon or attack. Its strength is far superior to any creature. Still, he doesn't want to use his curse gift. He's afraid, that Rouge who might be in the forest, will get involved.

"That's why you're smart, right?" Iyon lang ang nasagot niya na nagpailing kay Ivan, pero sinundan din ng ngisi.

"Then make sure to protect me well, spiders."

Hindi na nakasagot pa si Red nang sinimulan ng umatake ng malaking gintong leon. At the same time in the sky, 3 gifteds are flying with a huge eagle following them. 

Smart enough to separate the two creatures, Chain is leading the front with Mimi hanging with his blood rope.

"Mimi, think!" malakas na sigaw niya habang nasa ere. 

Opposite of the nemean lion, a caucasian eagle is bronze. It might not be a scary monster like its siblings, but its strength is no joke. 

While on the air, eyes different, Mimi fixed her glasses. "According to the myth, the caucasian eagle was killed with a poisoned arrow." She flinched when she heard another peal call.

"Can an arrow pierce than bronze skin?" pagsali ni Acel na nasa himpapawid din. May pagkasarkastiko ang tono niya.

Kahit nahihirapang gumalaw dahil nakalutang, nagawa siyang lingunin ni Mimi. "That's why both of you are here, dumbass!" she answered, making not only Acel taken aback but Chain as well.

"Show me that both of you are useful! Chain, Spider, kill that eagle!"

CHAPTER 74
A lion and an eagle