45

[Clover]

I completely remember that incident, more than a decade ago. Remembering it still brings the chills down my spine.

The people called it, the Genocide.

It's a mass slaughter— a massacre.

Dozens of gifteds were killed without any mercy and conscience. They were all connected to a group of Dark Guilds.

I understood that they might've messed with someone who they shouldn't, kaya sila binawian.

But the thing that I won't understand is, it's not just them.

All of them. Their whole family. Wives, husbands, daughters, and sons. Children, the youngest was seven.

They were all brutally killed... bru-ta-lly.

Naisip ko noon... na mas halimaw pa sa amin ang gumawa n'on. Hanggang sa nalaman ko... iisa lang pala ang may pakana.

"I know Venus'... weakness."

 Nang lumabas ang mga salitang 'yon sa bibig ni Joker, hindi ko pa magawang makapaniwala.

"The incident that happened more than a decade ago... The Genocide."

"The criminal that did that... it was Venus."

I was dumbfounded. I don't know what to say, nor to react. I don't want to believe Joker... but seeing her expression at that moment, she's amused, she's not lying.

"She was in rage. She disregarded everything that time... because of that..."

"But she later on regained her senses... and she was traumatized..."

"The academy hid the fact, so that the people won't lose their trust to them... but Venus was still getting eaten by her guilt, she retired in the battle field." Joker's smirk widened.

"Just bring it up... bring her traumas up again... and you'll see hertraumatized face."

Joker's expression a while ago is still stuck in my head. She didn't even tried to hide her psychotic and sinister grin.

Still, she don't have a reason to lie... so I believed her.

So... how?

How...

I'm getting pushed back right now?

Hindi ko man lang magawang makaiwas. Sunod-sunod ang pagsuntok niya sa akin. Sa kabila ng makapal at matigas kong balat, ramdam ko ang bawat diin ng patalim ng cestus niya sa akin.

I can't open my mouth to say something. I just found myself in this situation, just a second, after I brought up the past.

I just... put a hole on her shoulder and slashed her chest...

So... how the fuck?

Todo salo lang ako ng pagsuntok niya sa akin. Ang dalawang kamay ko na ginagamit ko kanina bilang pag-atake ay nakaharang ngayon sa mukha ko, para harangan ang mga suntok niya. 

As if she's not even breathing, she's not stopping a second. Each and every punch she makes, is getting heavier and heavier, stronger and stronger.

Ah...

I remembered...

Why Venus was so famous back then...

For that reason, I know that it's not impossible for her to kill everyone alone in the genocide.