57

[Law]

The information are too much for me to handle. Masyadong biglaan, masyadong sunod-sunod. Hindi pa 'ko nakapagluluksa nang maayos, nadugtungan na naman ng panibago ang iisipin ko.

"I... I lost the ability to control time."

My heart is still broken because of the news about Gin, but my body automatically moved. Hindi lang ako, lahat kaming estudyante ng principal ay mabilis na kumilos. Hindi pa namin napoproseso ang sinabi niya, agad na namin siyang pinalibutan.

Hindi pa nakare-react ang ibang tao sa silid, nakaikot na kaming apat. August's eyes are still fluffy because of crying, Elroy is still fazed, Lemon is still not on her usual self. But all of us, all of us surrounded Principal Helena.

All of us are thinking the same thing right now.

'WE. MUST. PROTECT. THE. PRINCIPAL.'

"Brats, what are you doing?" Rinig ko ang seryosong boses ng principal sa likuran namin. Hindi ko man siya nililingon, alam ko na ang itsura na meron siya ngayon. Nasa paligid ang tingin naming apat, alerto.

"Do you dare to think of me as someone to protect?! You're spitting it to my face right now that I'M WEAK!" Tumaas ang tono ni Helena.

Hindi kami nagpatinag, lalo na ako na seryoso ang tingin sa mga tao na nandito.

"No, principal," I answered. "But if you can't use your gift right now... so at this very moment, you're just an ordinary kid." My eyes sharpened. Nagtutubig pa ang mga mata ko, pero matalim ang tingin ko sa lahat. "And now that the strongest gifted is in her weakened state, who knows... who knows that all of them will still sit still."

"Not all people respected you, principal," dagdag ni Lemon. "They only showed you respect because you're strong."

"Law! You're too much! We understand what you mean, but we're her family!" giit ni Miss Xilah. Nalipat ang walang buhay kong mga mata sa kaniya.

"More reason for us to be wary, please don't take it the wrong way, Miss Xilah," sagot ko.

She was taken aback, I guess offended or hurt.

"I understand where you're coming from," pagsingit ng isa pang principal. Nalipat ang tingin namin sa kaniya. "It's only natural to be wary, but that's the exact point, Helena. Why do you want to spread it? Why do you want everyone to know?" Naningkit ang mga mata niya, sinundan pa ng pagkunot ng noo. "How did that happened in the first place?!"

Pare-pareho naming hinintay ang sagot ng principal, narinig namin ang pagbuntong-hininga niya. "Give me the 5 days I'm asking first, I won't entertain more questions."

The Solar's principal clicked his tongue. "Fine! But I'm coming with you-"

"No, you're more needed here-"

"You don't understand how important you are, Helena. We can't afford letting you be in this state!"

This time, Helena clicked her tongue. "Suit yourself." She doesn't sound like she's pleased at all. "But only for the first 2 days, the next 3 days, I will be alone."

Principal Bora didn't argued any longer, he did more than enough.

"Then, we will all take you to Rosa now, and you'll start your countdown tomorrow," ani Principal Bora.

"Very well, the moment we step out of the academy,  spread the word about my situation."

"If that's what you wish, Principal." Lumibot ang tingin sa aming lahat ni Principal Bora. "We will all escort principal Helena to Rosa, and you will all leave together after that. We're the first ones to know, I should make sure that nothing will leave this room until I spread the word."