41

[Joker]

In the middle of our travel, the carriage stopped.

And just like that, Koa went to us, crying and frightened. 

"C-C-Clover!"

Hindi niya pa naitutuloy ang sasabihin niya, alam ko na ang kasunod. Gusto kong ngumisi, gusto kong tumawa.

The look on her face is better than what I've imagined. And the fact that I can see it close up, makes it a hundred times better.

"KEI IS DEAD!"

The tone of her voice, her expression full of horror. Her feelings are very visible, as if her heart will explode any minute now, she can't think straight. She don't know what to do, what to prioritize first. 

Is it the fact that there's an intruder? Or the fact that... her brother is dead?

The chills are crawling up to my skin, I love this feeling... the feeling of contentment, and being amused.

I can't stop myself from grinning, I want to laugh right now. This sight is very... very thrilling.

Bumigat ang tensyon sa loob ng karwahe, mabilis na nagbago ang ekspresyon ni Clover.

He looked at Koa with a very serious and intimidating face. "What are you saying, Koa?" kalmado ngunit may tonong tanong niya.

Hindi nagbago ang ekspresyon ni Koa, bagkus ay mas lalo pa siyang namutla.

"T-There are two intruders!" She's shivering, eyes are dead. "T-T-They-"

"THEY KILLED MY BROTHER!"

Pasimpleng naningkit ang mga mata ko. Nakuha ng sinabi niya ang atensyon ko.

Two?

I only predicted one tho. 

I mean, at this very moment, there's only one available and can do this task among the students from the academy. Since it's an important task and needed to be done ASAP, only a few are suited for the job. And among them all, there's a high percent chance that he's the one coming.

The Solar Academy's number 1.

The Ruler, Yadiel Portugal.

Walang gana akong napasalumbaba. He's suited for the job, and I admit, he has a chance of winning too.

Like, uhm... 27%?

Yep, he has a 27% chance of winning. Considering that he'll face the King and Queen, troops, and Clover all by himself, it's a pretty high chance if I were asked.

That fucking brat might be cocky, which I believe he can hold up. But still, he can't underestimate these fucking monsters like him too.

But there's someone with him?

Walang gana akong nag-isip, nanatiling nakasalumbaba sa bintana.

Then there's only one person who I can think of.

Yadiel can't bring an ordinary student, nor someone who's weaker than him. Because it will not make sense at all.

So someone who's available at the moment... and stronger than him... connected to Solar Academy.

Her silhouette flashed in my mind.

Yeah... it's definitely that bitch.

Xilah Portugal.

"Are you sure he's dead?" muling kalmadong tanong ng lalaking kaharap ko. Nalipat ang tingin ko sa kaniya.

Koa can't answer right away, which is enough to know her answer. I looked at Clover who doesn't have any reaction at all. For fuck sake, his King just died. His King that has been with him for almost a decade, and he won't even show any sad expression?