TAKE 3

"Selene I swear this better be important—I mean four in the morning? You have me here at four in the fucking morning," Rico rants as his tired dark eyes stare into mine. 

I chuckle. 

Rico rolls his eyes, "What the fuck is funny Selene? You know I need my beauty sleep," he says as his tone grows even more heated. 

I don't know what's funnier—a notorious drug dealer using the term 'beauty sleep' or the fact that he was being completely serious when using the term. 

"I needed to smoke before going to set Ric," I say as I lean down onto the open passenger window. 

There's no way I can handle Devyn while being sober—I need to be at least somewhat chill. 

Rico shakes his head, "This couldn't have waited until after set Selene? I mean how do you even act while being high off your ass?" he questions as he rests his hands on the leather steering wheel. 

"No, it couldn't wait Rico—if you had to work with this bitch ass director you'd understand that. Also acting is actually easier when I'm high since my high ass really believes I'm that person," I explain to him with a smug face. 

He stares at me in disbelief. 

I tap the top of the sports car, "Hurry up Ric—I don't need the paparazzi pulling up here," I urge him as my foot begins tapping rapidly on the pavement. 

He rolls his eyes before handing me a small white gift box, which I already know is holding a few joints. 

I send him a brief smile before rising from the car.

"Thanks, Ric I'll catch you," I call behind me as I begin walking through the back way to my penthouse building. 

I hear his sports car rev loudly as I enter the modern building.

I quickly take the elevator up to the highest floor before exiting off into my penthouse. 

I walk through my large living room underneath the sparkly chandeliers before ascending the wide staircase. 

I start unpacking the joints once I make it to my large room. 

After I grab a lighter, I head out onto my balcony before lighting the joint up. 

I sit out under the dark sky as I smoke the entire blunt, which causes my body to grow calmer and calmer. 

I grow annoyed when I realize it's time to head to set. 

I just hope Devyn stays in her lane. 

High or not—I'll still put someone in their place. 

"I'll see you later Reed," I call to my driver as I exit the shiny Rolls Royce.

He closes the door gently, "Bye Ms. Vernize," he bids. 

I chuckle as I walk away from the older guy. 

I've told him numerous times to call me Selene, but he insists on calling me Ms. Vernize. 

It makes me feel old. 

"Well good fucking morning Selene!" Quinn greets me sarcastically as I enter my large dressing room. 

I roll my eyes with a smile. 

"Good morning Quinny!" I reply with fake enthusiasm. 

She smiles softly as she shakes her head. 

"I can't believe you managed to piss the director off on day one Sel—in fact, it wasn't even day one it was fucking walk-throughs. I literally can't leave you alone for five minutes—I bet you were doing that stupid first-day on-set tradition with Nera hm? You can't be doing shit like that, this director has a reputation and—"